Mix: Brightpoint, Briefcase, iLaugh, Spore LE
Apple recently reached an agreement with wireless device distribution firm Brightpoint to distribute iPods and iPod accessories in Australia. “We are excited about the opportunity to work with Apple and look forward to expanding our business with Apple in Australia,” said Bruce Thomlinson, President of Brightpoint Asia Pacific. “Moving into the portable music space with iPod creates a new product category for us and complements our vendor and product portfolio range in the market.”
Hey Mac Software has released Briefcase, its new file transfer software for the iPhone and iPod touch. Briefcase allows users to connect to and browse computers running on a local network or remotely via IP address, and can also connect to other iPhones running Briefcase or Briefcase Lite, or to any machine supporting SSH. It features secure downloading and uploading, and the ability to view/open many files, including Word, Excel, PDF, Pages, Keynote, MP3, and M4V files. Briefcase is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
Azure Talon Software has introduced iLaugh 1.0, its new joke database software for the iPhone and iPod touch. iLaugh provides users with a variety of sources, some of which offer clean, family-friendly jokes, containing a total of more than 20,000 jokes. iLaugh is available now form the App Store and sells for $1.
Electronic Arts has released a new free preview version of its Spore Origins game for iPhone and iPod touch. Free Spore Origins LE lets users customize their creature and play through one level of the game, while providing video previews of the entire game and advertisements for other Electronic Arts titles, which are optional to view. Free Spore Origins LE is now available as a free download from the App Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Store returns, begins taking iPad pre-orders
- Apple updates Pages, Numbers, Keynote for iCloud Drive
- Belkin announces QODE keyboards for iPad Air 2
- Apple introduces Apple SIM, multi-carrier cellular SIM card
- New iPad Smart Cases, Covers shown for iPad Air 2
- Apple unveils iPad mini 3, renames Retina iPad mini to iPad mini 2
- Apple debuts iPad Air 2
- iPad stats: 225 million sold, 675,000 apps
- Apple formally debuts iTunes 12 after three months of betas
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Belkin Qode Ultimate Pro Keyboard Case for iPad Air
- Uniq Aircraft Clear for iPhone 6
- STM Harbour for iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo Quad360 and QuadMax for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig MIDI 2
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers