Mix: Brightpoint, Briefcase, iLaugh, Spore LE
Apple recently reached an agreement with wireless device distribution firm Brightpoint to distribute iPods and iPod accessories in Australia. “We are excited about the opportunity to work with Apple and look forward to expanding our business with Apple in Australia,” said Bruce Thomlinson, President of Brightpoint Asia Pacific. “Moving into the portable music space with iPod creates a new product category for us and complements our vendor and product portfolio range in the market.”
Hey Mac Software has released Briefcase, its new file transfer software for the iPhone and iPod touch. Briefcase allows users to connect to and browse computers running on a local network or remotely via IP address, and can also connect to other iPhones running Briefcase or Briefcase Lite, or to any machine supporting SSH. It features secure downloading and uploading, and the ability to view/open many files, including Word, Excel, PDF, Pages, Keynote, MP3, and M4V files. Briefcase is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
Azure Talon Software has introduced iLaugh 1.0, its new joke database software for the iPhone and iPod touch. iLaugh provides users with a variety of sources, some of which offer clean, family-friendly jokes, containing a total of more than 20,000 jokes. iLaugh is available now form the App Store and sells for $1.
Electronic Arts has released a new free preview version of its Spore Origins game for iPhone and iPod touch. Free Spore Origins LE lets users customize their creature and play through one level of the game, while providing video previews of the entire game and advertisements for other Electronic Arts titles, which are optional to view. Free Spore Origins LE is now available as a free download from the App Store.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?