Mix: Brightpoint, Briefcase, iLaugh, Spore LE
Apple recently reached an agreement with wireless device distribution firm Brightpoint to distribute iPods and iPod accessories in Australia. “We are excited about the opportunity to work with Apple and look forward to expanding our business with Apple in Australia,” said Bruce Thomlinson, President of Brightpoint Asia Pacific. “Moving into the portable music space with iPod creates a new product category for us and complements our vendor and product portfolio range in the market.”
Hey Mac Software has released Briefcase, its new file transfer software for the iPhone and iPod touch. Briefcase allows users to connect to and browse computers running on a local network or remotely via IP address, and can also connect to other iPhones running Briefcase or Briefcase Lite, or to any machine supporting SSH. It features secure downloading and uploading, and the ability to view/open many files, including Word, Excel, PDF, Pages, Keynote, MP3, and M4V files. Briefcase is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
Azure Talon Software has introduced iLaugh 1.0, its new joke database software for the iPhone and iPod touch. iLaugh provides users with a variety of sources, some of which offer clean, family-friendly jokes, containing a total of more than 20,000 jokes. iLaugh is available now form the App Store and sells for $1.
Electronic Arts has released a new free preview version of its Spore Origins game for iPhone and iPod touch. Free Spore Origins LE lets users customize their creature and play through one level of the game, while providing video previews of the entire game and advertisements for other Electronic Arts titles, which are optional to view. Free Spore Origins LE is now available as a free download from the App Store.
- Report: iPad Pro to be official name of large iPad, more details revealed
- Mozilla begins rollout of Firefox for iOS preview
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Divoom AuraBox Bluetooth Speaker
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?