Mix: Brightpoint, Briefcase, iLaugh, Spore LE
Apple recently reached an agreement with wireless device distribution firm Brightpoint to distribute iPods and iPod accessories in Australia. “We are excited about the opportunity to work with Apple and look forward to expanding our business with Apple in Australia,” said Bruce Thomlinson, President of Brightpoint Asia Pacific. “Moving into the portable music space with iPod creates a new product category for us and complements our vendor and product portfolio range in the market.”
Hey Mac Software has released Briefcase, its new file transfer software for the iPhone and iPod touch. Briefcase allows users to connect to and browse computers running on a local network or remotely via IP address, and can also connect to other iPhones running Briefcase or Briefcase Lite, or to any machine supporting SSH. It features secure downloading and uploading, and the ability to view/open many files, including Word, Excel, PDF, Pages, Keynote, MP3, and M4V files. Briefcase is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
Azure Talon Software has introduced iLaugh 1.0, its new joke database software for the iPhone and iPod touch. iLaugh provides users with a variety of sources, some of which offer clean, family-friendly jokes, containing a total of more than 20,000 jokes. iLaugh is available now form the App Store and sells for $1.
Electronic Arts has released a new free preview version of its Spore Origins game for iPhone and iPod touch. Free Spore Origins LE lets users customize their creature and play through one level of the game, while providing video previews of the entire game and advertisements for other Electronic Arts titles, which are optional to view. Free Spore Origins LE is now available as a free download from the App Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?