Mix: Camera, Bluetooth, Ads, VoIP Mic, Radiohead
Makayama Software has introduced its new Camera PRO software for jailbroken iPhones. The application improves on the iPhone’s existing camera application by adding features such as a self-timer, digital zoom, and burst mode. Other features, including flickr integration and manual exposure, are expected to be added in the coming months. Makayama Camera PRO for iPhone is available now and sells for $20; a feature-limited free version is also available.
A fourth-generation iPod owner has posted a article showing how to add internal Bluetooth capability to the device using a Jabra A120S Bluetooth Music Adapter. According to the author, the process requires “a steady hand and decent soldering skills,” as well as a voltmeter, hook-up wire, a Phillips screwdriver, a Torx screwdriver, a Xacto knife or razor blade, and, obviously, a 4G iPod.
Apple’s iPhone ads that showcased the functions of the device have been selected as the “Made me want to buy it now” ads of 2007 by USA Today. “Apple gets it,” said William Ward, a marketing professor at Alfred University in Alfred, N.Y. “The ad clearly demonstrates the benefits. Most companies aren’t able to do ‘simple’ — but Apple takes a pretty complicated product and makes it simple.”
Following the release of the SIP VoIP application for the iPod touch, a new picture tutorial shows how to make a VoIP-compatible microphone attachment for the touch using a Macally iVoice III iPod microphone and a small bit of soldering.
One of the most prominent iTunes holdouts, English rock band Radiohead’s latest release, In Rainbows, is now available through the service as a DRM-free iTunes Plus offering. In October, Radiohead released the album on its own through its website on a “pay what you want” basis; in Dec., it was reported that the band was in talks to release the album through the iTunes Store. [via Daring Fireball]
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks