Mix: Camera, Bluetooth, Ads, VoIP Mic, Radiohead
Makayama Software has introduced its new Camera PRO software for jailbroken iPhones. The application improves on the iPhone’s existing camera application by adding features such as a self-timer, digital zoom, and burst mode. Other features, including flickr integration and manual exposure, are expected to be added in the coming months. Makayama Camera PRO for iPhone is available now and sells for $20; a feature-limited free version is also available.
A fourth-generation iPod owner has posted a article showing how to add internal Bluetooth capability to the device using a Jabra A120S Bluetooth Music Adapter. According to the author, the process requires “a steady hand and decent soldering skills,” as well as a voltmeter, hook-up wire, a Phillips screwdriver, a Torx screwdriver, a Xacto knife or razor blade, and, obviously, a 4G iPod.
Apple’s iPhone ads that showcased the functions of the device have been selected as the “Made me want to buy it now” ads of 2007 by USA Today. “Apple gets it,” said William Ward, a marketing professor at Alfred University in Alfred, N.Y. “The ad clearly demonstrates the benefits. Most companies aren’t able to do ‘simple’ — but Apple takes a pretty complicated product and makes it simple.”
Following the release of the SIP VoIP application for the iPod touch, a new picture tutorial shows how to make a VoIP-compatible microphone attachment for the touch using a Macally iVoice III iPod microphone and a small bit of soldering.
One of the most prominent iTunes holdouts, English rock band Radiohead’s latest release, In Rainbows, is now available through the service as a DRM-free iTunes Plus offering. In October, Radiohead released the album on its own through its website on a “pay what you want” basis; in Dec., it was reported that the band was in talks to release the album through the iTunes Store. [via Daring Fireball]
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today