Mix: Camera, Bluetooth, Ads, VoIP Mic, Radiohead
Makayama Software has introduced its new Camera PRO software for jailbroken iPhones. The application improves on the iPhone’s existing camera application by adding features such as a self-timer, digital zoom, and burst mode. Other features, including flickr integration and manual exposure, are expected to be added in the coming months. Makayama Camera PRO for iPhone is available now and sells for $20; a feature-limited free version is also available.
A fourth-generation iPod owner has posted a article showing how to add internal Bluetooth capability to the device using a Jabra A120S Bluetooth Music Adapter. According to the author, the process requires “a steady hand and decent soldering skills,” as well as a voltmeter, hook-up wire, a Phillips screwdriver, a Torx screwdriver, a Xacto knife or razor blade, and, obviously, a 4G iPod.
Apple’s iPhone ads that showcased the functions of the device have been selected as the “Made me want to buy it now” ads of 2007 by USA Today. “Apple gets it,” said William Ward, a marketing professor at Alfred University in Alfred, N.Y. “The ad clearly demonstrates the benefits. Most companies aren’t able to do ‘simple’ — but Apple takes a pretty complicated product and makes it simple.”
Following the release of the SIP VoIP application for the iPod touch, a new picture tutorial shows how to make a VoIP-compatible microphone attachment for the touch using a Macally iVoice III iPod microphone and a small bit of soldering.
One of the most prominent iTunes holdouts, English rock band Radiohead’s latest release, In Rainbows, is now available through the service as a DRM-free iTunes Plus offering. In October, Radiohead released the album on its own through its website on a “pay what you want” basis; in Dec., it was reported that the band was in talks to release the album through the iTunes Store. [via Daring Fireball]
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?