Mix: Camera, Bluetooth, Ads, VoIP Mic, Radiohead
Makayama Software has introduced its new Camera PRO software for jailbroken iPhones. The application improves on the iPhone’s existing camera application by adding features such as a self-timer, digital zoom, and burst mode. Other features, including flickr integration and manual exposure, are expected to be added in the coming months. Makayama Camera PRO for iPhone is available now and sells for $20; a feature-limited free version is also available.
A fourth-generation iPod owner has posted a article showing how to add internal Bluetooth capability to the device using a Jabra A120S Bluetooth Music Adapter. According to the author, the process requires “a steady hand and decent soldering skills,” as well as a voltmeter, hook-up wire, a Phillips screwdriver, a Torx screwdriver, a Xacto knife or razor blade, and, obviously, a 4G iPod.
Apple’s iPhone ads that showcased the functions of the device have been selected as the “Made me want to buy it now” ads of 2007 by USA Today. “Apple gets it,” said William Ward, a marketing professor at Alfred University in Alfred, N.Y. “The ad clearly demonstrates the benefits. Most companies aren’t able to do ‘simple’ — but Apple takes a pretty complicated product and makes it simple.”
Following the release of the SIP VoIP application for the iPod touch, a new picture tutorial shows how to make a VoIP-compatible microphone attachment for the touch using a Macally iVoice III iPod microphone and a small bit of soldering.
One of the most prominent iTunes holdouts, English rock band Radiohead’s latest release, In Rainbows, is now available through the service as a DRM-free iTunes Plus offering. In October, Radiohead released the album on its own through its website on a “pay what you want” basis; in Dec., it was reported that the band was in talks to release the album through the iTunes Store. [via Daring Fireball]
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?