Mix: Canada, Zeppelin, T3, Popular Mechanics
A trademark dispute between Apple and Comwave Telecom over the name “iPhone” could delay the phone’s release in Canada, according to a Sympatico report. Comwave markets a line of VoIP services and products under the name iPhone. Apple previously reached an agreement with Cisco in the U.S. to share rights to the “iPhone” name; Cisco, like Comwave, offers VoIP products under the name iPhone.
Legendary rock group Led Zeppelin has announced that they will offer their music online starting November 13, and that it will be available from “all online music retailers.” “We are pleased that the complete Led Zeppelin catalogue will now be available digitally,” said guitarist Jimmy Page. “The addition of the digital option will better enable fans to obtain their music in whichever manner they prefer.”
T3 Magazine crowned the iPod “Best Gadget of all Time” at its recent Gadget Awards ceremony. Overall, Apple came away with six awards, including “Best Commuter Gadget” and “Best Music Gadget” for the iPod, and “Best Download Service” for iTunes.
Popular Mechanics has included the Apple iPhone as one of its “Top 10 Most Brilliant Gadgets of 2007”, joining other devices such as Samsung’s Solid State Drive, the Microsoft Surface entertainment table, and the LG Super Blu Player, which plays both Blu Ray and HD-DVD discs.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0