Mix: Canada, Zeppelin, T3, Popular Mechanics
A trademark dispute between Apple and Comwave Telecom over the name “iPhone” could delay the phone’s release in Canada, according to a Sympatico report. Comwave markets a line of VoIP services and products under the name iPhone. Apple previously reached an agreement with Cisco in the U.S. to share rights to the “iPhone” name; Cisco, like Comwave, offers VoIP products under the name iPhone.
Legendary rock group Led Zeppelin has announced that they will offer their music online starting November 13, and that it will be available from “all online music retailers.” “We are pleased that the complete Led Zeppelin catalogue will now be available digitally,” said guitarist Jimmy Page. “The addition of the digital option will better enable fans to obtain their music in whichever manner they prefer.”
T3 Magazine crowned the iPod “Best Gadget of all Time” at its recent Gadget Awards ceremony. Overall, Apple came away with six awards, including “Best Commuter Gadget” and “Best Music Gadget” for the iPod, and “Best Download Service” for iTunes.
Popular Mechanics has included the Apple iPhone as one of its “Top 10 Most Brilliant Gadgets of 2007”, joining other devices such as Samsung’s Solid State Drive, the Microsoft Surface entertainment table, and the LG Super Blu Player, which plays both Blu Ray and HD-DVD discs.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple appoints Beats Music chief to head up iTunes Radio
- Facebook promises monthly iOS app updates
- iLounge Game Spotlight: 80 Days
- Typo iPhone keyboard returns, updated, as Typo 2
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Report: Vivendi SA sold its Beats stake for $404 million
- Apple content delivery network for faster downloads now live in US, Europe
- Apps of the Week: NPR One, Crazy Taxi: City Rush, Interactive Alphabet 4.0 + more
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Tylt Energi 2K Smart Travel Charger
- Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad Air
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks