Mix: Car stereos, Sun Valley, Foxconn, iPhone 4 film
A number of users are reporting problems getting their iPhones and iPod touches to work with previously-compatible car stereo head units. Owners of Pioneer, JVC, Alpine, and Kenwood receivers have reported problems with their units reading and recognizing the iPhone or iPod, as well as problems playing music back should the device be recognized. The issues also appear to affect users of some iPod- and iPhone-compatible factory stereos; it is unknown whether the issues can be fixed by a software update from Apple, or whether the head units themselves will require updating.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs is expected to appear next month at the annual Allen & Co. media conference in Sun Valley, Idaho. BusinessWeek reports that the conference is frequently attended by notable CEOs and leaders from both the technology and media industries, and speculates that Jobs may be attending in hopes of convincing executives to offer more content for Apple’s products. Jobs has attended the conference twice in the past, in 2005 and 1999; the event has been closed to the press in recent years.
Apple has agreed to let Foxconn shift some of its production of Apple products from its Shenzhen compound to north and central China, according to the Financial Times. The report states that the move is aimed at containing costs, and follows substantial wage increases for a large part of the Shenzhen workforce after a rash of suicides gained international attention earlier this year. Foxconn is said to have proposed to Apple both Tianjin in the north and Henan, China’s most populous province, in central China as potential production sites.
Director Michael Koerbel of Los Angeles, CA has completed a short film entitled “Apple of My Eye” which was shot and edited completely on the iPhone 4. The roughly one minute and 15 second film cost $103 and took 48 hours to make, using the iPhone 4’s 720p HD video recording capabilities and Apple’s iMovie for iPhone video editing application. The film is available to watch on Vimeo and can be seen in embedded form below. [via Macworld UK]
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks