Mix: Car stereos, Sun Valley, Foxconn, iPhone 4 film
A number of users are reporting problems getting their iPhones and iPod touches to work with previously-compatible car stereo head units. Owners of Pioneer, JVC, Alpine, and Kenwood receivers have reported problems with their units reading and recognizing the iPhone or iPod, as well as problems playing music back should the device be recognized. The issues also appear to affect users of some iPod- and iPhone-compatible factory stereos; it is unknown whether the issues can be fixed by a software update from Apple, or whether the head units themselves will require updating.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs is expected to appear next month at the annual Allen & Co. media conference in Sun Valley, Idaho. BusinessWeek reports that the conference is frequently attended by notable CEOs and leaders from both the technology and media industries, and speculates that Jobs may be attending in hopes of convincing executives to offer more content for Apple’s products. Jobs has attended the conference twice in the past, in 2005 and 1999; the event has been closed to the press in recent years.
Apple has agreed to let Foxconn shift some of its production of Apple products from its Shenzhen compound to north and central China, according to the Financial Times. The report states that the move is aimed at containing costs, and follows substantial wage increases for a large part of the Shenzhen workforce after a rash of suicides gained international attention earlier this year. Foxconn is said to have proposed to Apple both Tianjin in the north and Henan, China’s most populous province, in central China as potential production sites.
Director Michael Koerbel of Los Angeles, CA has completed a short film entitled “Apple of My Eye” which was shot and edited completely on the iPhone 4. The roughly one minute and 15 second film cost $103 and took 48 hours to make, using the iPhone 4’s 720p HD video recording capabilities and Apple’s iMovie for iPhone video editing application. The film is available to watch on Vimeo and can be seen in embedded form below. [via Macworld UK]
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels