Mix: Casio, China and iTunes, 2.0.2, iPhone photos
Casio has announced two new pocket-sized digital cameras which record iTunes-compatible H.264 video. The EX-Z300 and EX-Z250 also offer 4x optical zoom lenses, 10.1 and 9.1 megapixel sensors, and will be available in October for $300 and $250, respectively. For more information on Casio’s iTunes-compatible cameras, see our review of the Casio Exilim EX-S10.
The Sydney Morning Herald reports that some users attempting to access the iTunes Store from locations in China are being blocked by the country’s government-run firewall. The report suggests that the blockage may have been related to Olympic athletes downloading and listening to the pro-Tibet album Songs for Tibet, which was made available on the iTunes Store three days prior to the start of the games. However, it is against the iTunes Store’s sales policy to “use or attempt to use the iTunes Store from outside of the available territory.”
Apple did try to improve 3G performance with iPhone Software 2.0.2, according to a new report from USA Today. Apple spokeswoman Jennifer Bowcock told the paper, “[t]he software update improves communication with 3G networks,” although some users have reported decreased reception and other problems after installing the update.
A Mac Rumors forum member has reportedly found a number of photos on his new iPhone from inside the factory in which it was made. UK-based Mark claims that one of the four pictures found on the phone was set as the background once he activated the device. This is at least the second report of an iPhone user finding photos from inside the factory on his/her new phone.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?