Mix: Casio, China and iTunes, 2.0.2, iPhone photos
Casio has announced two new pocket-sized digital cameras which record iTunes-compatible H.264 video. The EX-Z300 and EX-Z250 also offer 4x optical zoom lenses, 10.1 and 9.1 megapixel sensors, and will be available in October for $300 and $250, respectively. For more information on Casio’s iTunes-compatible cameras, see our review of the Casio Exilim EX-S10.
The Sydney Morning Herald reports that some users attempting to access the iTunes Store from locations in China are being blocked by the country’s government-run firewall. The report suggests that the blockage may have been related to Olympic athletes downloading and listening to the pro-Tibet album Songs for Tibet, which was made available on the iTunes Store three days prior to the start of the games. However, it is against the iTunes Store’s sales policy to “use or attempt to use the iTunes Store from outside of the available territory.”
Apple did try to improve 3G performance with iPhone Software 2.0.2, according to a new report from USA Today. Apple spokeswoman Jennifer Bowcock told the paper, “[t]he software update improves communication with 3G networks,” although some users have reported decreased reception and other problems after installing the update.
A Mac Rumors forum member has reportedly found a number of photos on his new iPhone from inside the factory in which it was made. UK-based Mark claims that one of the four pictures found on the phone was set as the background once he activated the device. This is at least the second report of an iPhone user finding photos from inside the factory on his/her new phone.
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?