Mix: CastCatcher, Ferrari + iPod, Cook as CEO, Ocarina
Apple has rejected the latest version of iPhone developer return7’s CastCatcher Internet Radio application for using too much cellular bandwidth, according to a post on the developer’s blog. “CastCatcher Internet Radio cannot be posted to the App Store because it is transferring excessive volumes of data over the cellular network, which as outlined in the iPhone SDK Agreement section 3.3.15, is prohibited,” Apple said in its rejection correspondence. The developer notes that basically every competing Internet radio app also works over cellular connections, and that Apple has approved three prior versions of the CastCatcher application.
In celebration of its 16th Formula 1 Constructor’s championship, Ferrari has introduced a special performance version of its F430 Spider called the Scuderia Spider 16M. Notably, the new car—which is limited to 499 vehicles—features a special audio system featuring a removable iPod touch with a central in-dash dock. The Spider 16M is expected to sell for around $300,000 when it becomes available.
Fortune has posted a lengthy profile of Apple COO Tim Cook, investigating the possibility of Cook replacing Steve Jobs as Apple CEO when/if Jobs should decide to retire or otherwise leave the company. Through interviews with two dozen people who have dealt directly with Cook, the article explores his career through his time at Auburn University up through his current position as COO of Apple. The article suggests that Cook, a workaholic and lifelong bachelor, might not have the creative spark of Jobs, but could easily run the company with the aid of similarly creative and visionary partners.
Smule has released its new Ocarina application for the iPhone. Described as a musical instrument for the iPhone, the application lets users blow into the microphone to create music, while the notes and pitch are manipulated by on-screen buttons and vibrato rate and depth are controlled via the accelerometer. Like other Smule applications, Ocarina is a social application, allowing users to touch the globe icon to see and hear other Ocarina players throughout the world. The company has posted a YouTube video of users playing “Stairway To Heaven” as an example of the application in action. Ocarina sells for $1 and is available now from the App Store.
- Mix: EU iPhone Preorders, In-Cell Patent, Jobs’ Home Theft
- Mix: iCloud suit, iTunes TOS, Airplane Crash, iPad at Saks
- Mix: Air Guitar, Infinite Loop, Tardis Case, Loop Nano
- Mix: iPad 3, Semiconductors, Foxconn, 2011 ADAs
- Mix: Universal, iCloud icon, Apple retail, The Beatles
- Mix: Explosion, France Telecom, Freescale, Samsung
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Apple drops refurbished fourth-gen iPad, mini prices
- Judge: US can show Apple e-book pricing conspiracy
- AT&T’s GoPhone to add LTE/HSPA+ support for iPhone
- Report: iOS 7 ‘black, white, and flat all over’
- Apple WWDC Keynote set for June 10
- Apps: Foursquare 6.2, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Pandora 4.3 + Shazam 6.0
- Apple patent application details interactive AirPlay, TV
- Report: iWatch pushed to late 2014?
- Griffin releases iPhone 5 Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case
- Lynktec TruGlide Pro Precision Stylus
- C4 Electronics Dolry HiFi Stone 30-Pin AirPlay Adapter
- Boombotix Boombot Rex Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Nuu Splash Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Scosche boomBottle Weatherproof Sport Wireless Speaker
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Costs associated with using FaceTime
- iMessages showing as Delivered when iPhone is out of coverage
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore