Mix: CastCatcher, Ferrari + iPod, Cook as CEO, Ocarina
Apple has rejected the latest version of iPhone developer return7’s CastCatcher Internet Radio application for using too much cellular bandwidth, according to a post on the developer’s blog. “CastCatcher Internet Radio cannot be posted to the App Store because it is transferring excessive volumes of data over the cellular network, which as outlined in the iPhone SDK Agreement section 3.3.15, is prohibited,” Apple said in its rejection correspondence. The developer notes that basically every competing Internet radio app also works over cellular connections, and that Apple has approved three prior versions of the CastCatcher application.
In celebration of its 16th Formula 1 Constructor’s championship, Ferrari has introduced a special performance version of its F430 Spider called the Scuderia Spider 16M. Notably, the new car—which is limited to 499 vehicles—features a special audio system featuring a removable iPod touch with a central in-dash dock. The Spider 16M is expected to sell for around $300,000 when it becomes available.
Fortune has posted a lengthy profile of Apple COO Tim Cook, investigating the possibility of Cook replacing Steve Jobs as Apple CEO when/if Jobs should decide to retire or otherwise leave the company. Through interviews with two dozen people who have dealt directly with Cook, the article explores his career through his time at Auburn University up through his current position as COO of Apple. The article suggests that Cook, a workaholic and lifelong bachelor, might not have the creative spark of Jobs, but could easily run the company with the aid of similarly creative and visionary partners.
Smule has released its new Ocarina application for the iPhone. Described as a musical instrument for the iPhone, the application lets users blow into the microphone to create music, while the notes and pitch are manipulated by on-screen buttons and vibrato rate and depth are controlled via the accelerometer. Like other Smule applications, Ocarina is a social application, allowing users to touch the globe icon to see and hear other Ocarina players throughout the world. The company has posted a YouTube video of users playing “Stairway To Heaven” as an example of the application in action. Ocarina sells for $1 and is available now from the App Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?