Mix: CastCatcher, Ferrari + iPod, Cook as CEO, Ocarina
Apple has rejected the latest version of iPhone developer return7’s CastCatcher Internet Radio application for using too much cellular bandwidth, according to a post on the developer’s blog. “CastCatcher Internet Radio cannot be posted to the App Store because it is transferring excessive volumes of data over the cellular network, which as outlined in the iPhone SDK Agreement section 3.3.15, is prohibited,” Apple said in its rejection correspondence. The developer notes that basically every competing Internet radio app also works over cellular connections, and that Apple has approved three prior versions of the CastCatcher application.
In celebration of its 16th Formula 1 Constructor’s championship, Ferrari has introduced a special performance version of its F430 Spider called the Scuderia Spider 16M. Notably, the new car—which is limited to 499 vehicles—features a special audio system featuring a removable iPod touch with a central in-dash dock. The Spider 16M is expected to sell for around $300,000 when it becomes available.
Fortune has posted a lengthy profile of Apple COO Tim Cook, investigating the possibility of Cook replacing Steve Jobs as Apple CEO when/if Jobs should decide to retire or otherwise leave the company. Through interviews with two dozen people who have dealt directly with Cook, the article explores his career through his time at Auburn University up through his current position as COO of Apple. The article suggests that Cook, a workaholic and lifelong bachelor, might not have the creative spark of Jobs, but could easily run the company with the aid of similarly creative and visionary partners.
Smule has released its new Ocarina application for the iPhone. Described as a musical instrument for the iPhone, the application lets users blow into the microphone to create music, while the notes and pitch are manipulated by on-screen buttons and vibrato rate and depth are controlled via the accelerometer. Like other Smule applications, Ocarina is a social application, allowing users to touch the globe icon to see and hear other Ocarina players throughout the world. The company has posted a YouTube video of users playing “Stairway To Heaven” as an example of the application in action. Ocarina sells for $1 and is available now from the App Store.
- iPad Air 3, iPhone 5se expected to be available March 18
- Apple filming original ‘dark drama’ television series featuring Dr. Dre
- Apple under fire for patent infringement from haptic feedback company Immersion
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- VRS Design Crystal Bumper, High Pro Shield + Verge Active for iPhone 6/6s
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!