Mix: CAZE, PocketPack, OS 3.1 adoption, TomTom
Published: Thursday, September 24, 2009
News Categories: Mix
CAZE has introduced its new Argyle Love case for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. The case is a semi-transparent hard case featuring an argyle pattern on the back—in either silver or black—as well as open access to all ports, controls, and the camera, protective film to cover the Apple logo, and a cleaning cloth. Limited to just 250 cases in each color, CAZE’s Argyle Love case for the iPhone 3G and 3GS is available now and sells for $33.
Pocketpack has unveiled the Lightweight, its upcoming case for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Like the Case-mate I.D. case, the Lightweight is designed to house both the iPhone and a small number of bills or cards while preventing demagnetization and allowing the iPhone to be docked while still in the case. Features include cavity rails to prevent cards from sliding out, an integrated LED flashlight with touch control, polycarbonate construction, a screen protector, and open access to all ports and controls. The Lightweight for iPhone 3G and 3GS is expected to ship later this fall and will sell for $35.
According to the latest statistics released by mobile advertising firm AdMob, nearly one quarter—23%—of iPhone and iPod touch users have updated to OS 3.1. Taken as an aggregate of all worldwide requests received from iPhone OS devices from Sept. 15-22, the data shows that 51% are using 3.0, while 19% are on 2.2.1, and only 7% are running 2.2 or lower. Interestingly, the company also says that it continues to see a large difference in adoption rates between iPhone and iPod touch users, with 91% of iPhone requests coming from OS 3.0 or later, compared to just 35% of iPod touch requests.
TomTom has issued a statement regarding its Car Kit for iPhone after the item appeared and was later removed from some European Apple online stores. The Kit was listed on the UK store for £99.95 (roughly $160), while other European sites were offering it for €99.95 (~$146); both listings said the kit features an enhanced GPS signal, a built-in speaker, hands-free calling, and a windshield- and dashboard-compatible mount. In its statement, TomTom said, “TomTom announces today that the TomTom car kit for the iPhone will have a recommended retail price of £99.99. The TomTom car kit will be available this October and will be sold separately from the TomTom app. It will be compatible with the iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS.” It was previously believed that the kit would include the TomTom application and would be compatible with the iPod touch; US pricing has yet to be revealed.
Update: TomTom has released another, similar statement, revealing that the Car Kit will be priced at $120 in the U.S.
- Mix: EU iPhone Preorders, In-Cell Patent, Jobs’ Home Theft
- Mix: iCloud suit, iTunes TOS, Airplane Crash, iPad at Saks
- Mix: Air Guitar, Infinite Loop, Tardis Case, Loop Nano
- Mix: iPad 3, Semiconductors, Foxconn, 2011 ADAs
- Mix: Universal, iCloud icon, Apple retail, The Beatles
- Mix: Explosion, France Telecom, Freescale, Samsung
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple WWDC Keynote set for June 10
- Apps: Foursquare 6.2, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Pandora 4.3 + Shazam 6.0
- Apple patent application details interactive AirPlay, TV
- Report: iWatch pushed to late 2014?
- Griffin releases iPhone 5 Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case
- OtterBox acquires LifeProof
- LifeProof debuts Frē case for iPad mini
- Logitech debuts Wired Keyboard for iPad
- New Apple online store design alters focus, hides deals
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- C4 Electronics Dolry HiFi Stone 30-Pin AirPlay Adapter
- Boombotix Boombot Rex Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Nuu Splash Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Scosche boomBottle Weatherproof Sport Wireless Speaker
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- iMessages showing as Delivered when iPhone is out of coverage
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox