Mix: CAZE, PocketPack, OS 3.1 adoption, TomTom
Published: Thursday, September 24, 2009
News Categories: Mix
CAZE has introduced its new Argyle Love case for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. The case is a semi-transparent hard case featuring an argyle pattern on the back—in either silver or black—as well as open access to all ports, controls, and the camera, protective film to cover the Apple logo, and a cleaning cloth. Limited to just 250 cases in each color, CAZE’s Argyle Love case for the iPhone 3G and 3GS is available now and sells for $33.
Pocketpack has unveiled the Lightweight, its upcoming case for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Like the Case-mate I.D. case, the Lightweight is designed to house both the iPhone and a small number of bills or cards while preventing demagnetization and allowing the iPhone to be docked while still in the case. Features include cavity rails to prevent cards from sliding out, an integrated LED flashlight with touch control, polycarbonate construction, a screen protector, and open access to all ports and controls. The Lightweight for iPhone 3G and 3GS is expected to ship later this fall and will sell for $35.
According to the latest statistics released by mobile advertising firm AdMob, nearly one quarter—23%—of iPhone and iPod touch users have updated to OS 3.1. Taken as an aggregate of all worldwide requests received from iPhone OS devices from Sept. 15-22, the data shows that 51% are using 3.0, while 19% are on 2.2.1, and only 7% are running 2.2 or lower. Interestingly, the company also says that it continues to see a large difference in adoption rates between iPhone and iPod touch users, with 91% of iPhone requests coming from OS 3.0 or later, compared to just 35% of iPod touch requests.
TomTom has issued a statement regarding its Car Kit for iPhone after the item appeared and was later removed from some European Apple online stores. The Kit was listed on the UK store for £99.95 (roughly $160), while other European sites were offering it for €99.95 (~$146); both listings said the kit features an enhanced GPS signal, a built-in speaker, hands-free calling, and a windshield- and dashboard-compatible mount. In its statement, TomTom said, “TomTom announces today that the TomTom car kit for the iPhone will have a recommended retail price of £99.99. The TomTom car kit will be available this October and will be sold separately from the TomTom app. It will be compatible with the iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS.” It was previously believed that the kit would include the TomTom application and would be compatible with the iPod touch; US pricing has yet to be revealed.
Update: TomTom has released another, similar statement, revealing that the Car Kit will be priced at $120 in the U.S.
- Mix: EU iPhone Preorders, In-Cell Patent, Jobs’ Home Theft
- Mix: iCloud suit, iTunes TOS, Airplane Crash, iPad at Saks
- Mix: Air Guitar, Infinite Loop, Tardis Case, Loop Nano
- Mix: iPad 3, Semiconductors, Foxconn, 2011 ADAs
- Mix: Universal, iCloud icon, Apple retail, The Beatles
- Mix: Explosion, France Telecom, Freescale, Samsung
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Apple quietly releases 74% iOS 7 adoption estimate
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts