Mix: CAZE, PocketPack, OS 3.1 adoption, TomTom
CAZE has introduced its new Argyle Love case for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. The case is a semi-transparent hard case featuring an argyle pattern on the back—in either silver or black—as well as open access to all ports, controls, and the camera, protective film to cover the Apple logo, and a cleaning cloth. Limited to just 250 cases in each color, CAZE’s Argyle Love case for the iPhone 3G and 3GS is available now and sells for $33.
Pocketpack has unveiled the Lightweight, its upcoming case for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Like the Case-mate I.D. case, the Lightweight is designed to house both the iPhone and a small number of bills or cards while preventing demagnetization and allowing the iPhone to be docked while still in the case. Features include cavity rails to prevent cards from sliding out, an integrated LED flashlight with touch control, polycarbonate construction, a screen protector, and open access to all ports and controls. The Lightweight for iPhone 3G and 3GS is expected to ship later this fall and will sell for $35.
According to the latest statistics released by mobile advertising firm AdMob, nearly one quarter—23%—of iPhone and iPod touch users have updated to OS 3.1. Taken as an aggregate of all worldwide requests received from iPhone OS devices from Sept. 15-22, the data shows that 51% are using 3.0, while 19% are on 2.2.1, and only 7% are running 2.2 or lower. Interestingly, the company also says that it continues to see a large difference in adoption rates between iPhone and iPod touch users, with 91% of iPhone requests coming from OS 3.0 or later, compared to just 35% of iPod touch requests.
TomTom has issued a statement regarding its Car Kit for iPhone after the item appeared and was later removed from some European Apple online stores. The Kit was listed on the UK store for £99.95 (roughly $160), while other European sites were offering it for €99.95 (~$146); both listings said the kit features an enhanced GPS signal, a built-in speaker, hands-free calling, and a windshield- and dashboard-compatible mount. In its statement, TomTom said, “TomTom announces today that the TomTom car kit for the iPhone will have a recommended retail price of £99.99. The TomTom car kit will be available this October and will be sold separately from the TomTom app. It will be compatible with the iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS.” It was previously believed that the kit would include the TomTom application and would be compatible with the iPod touch; US pricing has yet to be revealed.
Update: TomTom has released another, similar statement, revealing that the Car Kit will be priced at $120 in the U.S.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple: Celeb photo hack ‘very targeted attack’ on accounts
- Apple investigating “iCloud” celebrity photo hack
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Cambridge Audio Go v2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today