Mix: China App Store, MLB.com At Bat, Learn That Name, Mr. Driller
Apple may face hurdles attempting to offer the App Store on China Unicom-bound iPhones, a new report suggests. According to Chinese-language CNW (Translated Link), Apple and China Unicom are currently discussing how to solve the problems posed by the Chinese government’s regulatory policy, which may call for modifications in how the store operates and/or how much information Apple is forced to provide about the purchases and activities of App Store users.
MLB.com has released version 1.4 of its At Bat 2009 application for the iPhone and iPod touch, adding an in-game purchasing feature. For the remainder of the 2009 season, users will be able purchase any out-of-market game for immediate streaming for $1 each. All MLB.tv and MLB.tv Premium subscribers can already access all out-of-market games via the application; the new option simply offers a-la-carte access for other users. MLB.com At Bat 2009 is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
A new application for the iPhone and iPod touch won the most votes at a recent Startup Weekend coder gathering, held on Microsoft’s campus. Of the 15 applications created at the event, 14 were built for a Microsoft platform, and only one—Learn That Name, created by attorney Eric Koester—was for the iPhone, yet won the top prize. “It’s been an awesome experience,” said Koester, who led a team of more than a dozen developers. “I was just looking for something simple and this was really way more than I anticipated in 48 hours.” Koester created the app, which helps users remember the names of people they meet at events, after forgetting the name of one of the attendees, and said he’s hopeful to have the $2.99 app approved in the App Store in the coming weeks. [via MDN]
Namco has released Mr. Driller, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The fast-paced puzzle game puts players in the shoes of Mr. Driller, who must drill through colored blocks covering his town to find the source. It offers three game modes—a survival mode with three difficulty settings, an Arcade Mode with two levels, and a Time Trial Mode—as well as three control options and Facebook Connect integration. Mr. Driller is available now and sells for $1.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- BuQu Tech PowerArmour Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Grovemade Maple iPhone Case for iPhone 6
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0