Mix: China, O2, Italy, Exploded, iPod.iTunes
China Mobile CEO Wang Jianzhou has said that the company is in talks to offer the iPhone in China, according to an IDG report. “Our customers like this kind of fashionable product,” Jianzhou said at the Mobile Asia Congress, while stating that he doesn’t like the revenue-sharing business model that Apple has used elsewhere. “We still think we can maintain the operator-centric model because we have the customers, the end users.”
UK iPhone carrier O2 has reported that it processed over 8,000 iPhone activations on Friday, the first day the device was available in the region. Apparently, O2 also experienced some activation hiccups, not unlike those experienced on the AT&T network over the US launch period.
Macitynet.it is reporting (translated link) that a string found in iPhone software 1.1.2 mentions the Italian cellular operator TIM, or Telecom Italia Mobile, which is partially controlled by Telefonica, O2’s parent company. In addition, Italian is an officially supported language in 1.1.2, both for the keyboard and interface, along with German and French.
Pictures of an iPod, broken apart in exploded diagram-style and encased in resin, have appeared online. Surprisingly, the artist left the Dock Connector accessible from outside the resin block, enabling the iPod encased inside to retain functionality.
crispSofties has announced the release of version 3.7 of its iPod.iTunes synchronization software, which synchronizes songs, videos, playlist and meta data in both directions between iPods and iTunes libraries. iPod.iTunes 3.7 requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today