Mix: China, O2, Italy, Exploded, iPod.iTunes
China Mobile CEO Wang Jianzhou has said that the company is in talks to offer the iPhone in China, according to an IDG report. “Our customers like this kind of fashionable product,” Jianzhou said at the Mobile Asia Congress, while stating that he doesn’t like the revenue-sharing business model that Apple has used elsewhere. “We still think we can maintain the operator-centric model because we have the customers, the end users.”
UK iPhone carrier O2 has reported that it processed over 8,000 iPhone activations on Friday, the first day the device was available in the region. Apparently, O2 also experienced some activation hiccups, not unlike those experienced on the AT&T network over the US launch period.
Macitynet.it is reporting (translated link) that a string found in iPhone software 1.1.2 mentions the Italian cellular operator TIM, or Telecom Italia Mobile, which is partially controlled by Telefonica, O2’s parent company. In addition, Italian is an officially supported language in 1.1.2, both for the keyboard and interface, along with German and French.
Pictures of an iPod, broken apart in exploded diagram-style and encased in resin, have appeared online. Surprisingly, the artist left the Dock Connector accessible from outside the resin block, enabling the iPod encased inside to retain functionality.
crispSofties has announced the release of version 3.7 of its iPod.iTunes synchronization software, which synchronizes songs, videos, playlist and meta data in both directions between iPods and iTunes libraries. iPod.iTunes 3.7 requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Apple highlights more Apple Watch info
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0