Mix: China, O2, Italy, Exploded, iPod.iTunes
China Mobile CEO Wang Jianzhou has said that the company is in talks to offer the iPhone in China, according to an IDG report. “Our customers like this kind of fashionable product,” Jianzhou said at the Mobile Asia Congress, while stating that he doesn’t like the revenue-sharing business model that Apple has used elsewhere. “We still think we can maintain the operator-centric model because we have the customers, the end users.”
UK iPhone carrier O2 has reported that it processed over 8,000 iPhone activations on Friday, the first day the device was available in the region. Apparently, O2 also experienced some activation hiccups, not unlike those experienced on the AT&T network over the US launch period.
Macitynet.it is reporting (translated link) that a string found in iPhone software 1.1.2 mentions the Italian cellular operator TIM, or Telecom Italia Mobile, which is partially controlled by Telefonica, O2’s parent company. In addition, Italian is an officially supported language in 1.1.2, both for the keyboard and interface, along with German and French.
Pictures of an iPod, broken apart in exploded diagram-style and encased in resin, have appeared online. Surprisingly, the artist left the Dock Connector accessible from outside the resin block, enabling the iPod encased inside to retain functionality.
crispSofties has announced the release of version 3.7 of its iPod.iTunes synchronization software, which synchronizes songs, videos, playlist and meta data in both directions between iPods and iTunes libraries. iPod.iTunes 3.7 requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014