Mix: China, O2, Italy, Exploded, iPod.iTunes
China Mobile CEO Wang Jianzhou has said that the company is in talks to offer the iPhone in China, according to an IDG report. “Our customers like this kind of fashionable product,” Jianzhou said at the Mobile Asia Congress, while stating that he doesn’t like the revenue-sharing business model that Apple has used elsewhere. “We still think we can maintain the operator-centric model because we have the customers, the end users.”
UK iPhone carrier O2 has reported that it processed over 8,000 iPhone activations on Friday, the first day the device was available in the region. Apparently, O2 also experienced some activation hiccups, not unlike those experienced on the AT&T network over the US launch period.
Macitynet.it is reporting (translated link) that a string found in iPhone software 1.1.2 mentions the Italian cellular operator TIM, or Telecom Italia Mobile, which is partially controlled by Telefonica, O2’s parent company. In addition, Italian is an officially supported language in 1.1.2, both for the keyboard and interface, along with German and French.
Pictures of an iPod, broken apart in exploded diagram-style and encased in resin, have appeared online. Surprisingly, the artist left the Dock Connector accessible from outside the resin block, enabling the iPod encased inside to retain functionality.
crispSofties has announced the release of version 3.7 of its iPod.iTunes synchronization software, which synchronizes songs, videos, playlist and meta data in both directions between iPods and iTunes libraries. iPod.iTunes 3.7 requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.
- Report: Apple in talks to launch virtual network service
- Dr. Dre’s new album coming to iTunes, Apple Music on Friday
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Report: Apple plans to use Siri to transcribe voicemails
- Leaked photos suggest thicker, Force Touch-equipped iPhones
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?