Mix: China, PodWorks, Ringtone, Bongo
Several reports today indicate that the iPhone is being sold in China for as much as $1170 in underground electronics markets. The handset has been found in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Guangzhou; Apple considers such sales to be unauthorized.
Sci-Fi Hi-Fi software has announced iPhone support for its PodWorks iPod song transfer application. PodWorks 2.9.2 is available for $8 and requires Mac OS X 10.3 or later.
Efiko has released an update to its iPhoneRingToneMaker software which adds support for songs purchased from iTunes for Windows XP users and improved syncing of ringtones with the iPhone. iPhoneRingToneMaker is available for PC and sells for $15.
iLounge editor Jesse David Hollington reports that Ontario-based cell phone retailer Bongo Wireless is now offering an iPhone hardware unlock service. The service comes with a replacement guarantee, includes extra services such as ensured YouTube functionality and installation of an NES emulator, and costs $150 CAD.
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?