Mix: China Unicom, USAA, Qik, Madden NFL 10
China Unicom is now denying a report from earlier in the week stating that it had agreed to purchase 5 million WCDMA iPhones for sale in mainland China. “The report is not true,” Unicom spokesman Yi Difei told the UKPA. “Talks between us and Apple have been going on for some time, but no agreement has been reached yet. There are all kinds of possibilities. There is no particular timetable for the talks.”
USAA, a privately held bank and insurance company, has revealed that customers have already made more than $1.5 million in deposits using the company’s updated iPhone application which launched this week. The application uses the iPhone’s camera to photograph both sides of a check for deposit, with an on-screen guide to make sure the check’s image is placed correctly in the frame. A company spokesperson told mocoNews that overall, the app has been installed nearly 150,000 times, and more than 58,000 users have already elected to update it.
The online video streaming and sharing service Qik has launched its official application for the iPhone 3GS. Available as a free download from the App Store, the Apple-approved version carries with it restrictions missing from the previously-released jailbreak app, namely the ability to record, upload, and stream video over 3G using an iPhone 3G or 3GS; the App Store version offers only the ability to record and upload over Wi-Fi using the iPhone 3GS. In addition to uploading to Qik’s own site, the app can also upload videos to Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
In a press release announcing the availability of its Madden NFL 10 football game for the Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, and PSP, Electronic Arts has revealed that its anticipated iPhone port of the game will be available in September. Unlike its console and portable releases, for which EA has exclusive rights to the NFL’s teams and players, the iPhone and iPod touch release of the game will have competition, including Gameloft’s NFL 2010, which has already been released on the App Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple reportedly begins in-store sales of iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Cook discussing security with top Chinese official
- GT and Apple to part ways ‘amicably’
- Apple Pay can be used internationally with U.S.-based cards
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2014: 39.3M iPhones, 12.3M iPads, 2.6M iPods, $42.1B revenue
- Apple releases Apple TV Software Update 7.0.1
- Apple releases iOS 8.1
- Apple launches iCloud Photos Beta Web Client
- Apple working to cut music subscription prices
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0