Mix: China Unicom, USAA, Qik, Madden NFL 10
China Unicom is now denying a report from earlier in the week stating that it had agreed to purchase 5 million WCDMA iPhones for sale in mainland China. “The report is not true,” Unicom spokesman Yi Difei told the UKPA. “Talks between us and Apple have been going on for some time, but no agreement has been reached yet. There are all kinds of possibilities. There is no particular timetable for the talks.”
USAA, a privately held bank and insurance company, has revealed that customers have already made more than $1.5 million in deposits using the company’s updated iPhone application which launched this week. The application uses the iPhone’s camera to photograph both sides of a check for deposit, with an on-screen guide to make sure the check’s image is placed correctly in the frame. A company spokesperson told mocoNews that overall, the app has been installed nearly 150,000 times, and more than 58,000 users have already elected to update it.
The online video streaming and sharing service Qik has launched its official application for the iPhone 3GS. Available as a free download from the App Store, the Apple-approved version carries with it restrictions missing from the previously-released jailbreak app, namely the ability to record, upload, and stream video over 3G using an iPhone 3G or 3GS; the App Store version offers only the ability to record and upload over Wi-Fi using the iPhone 3GS. In addition to uploading to Qik’s own site, the app can also upload videos to Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
In a press release announcing the availability of its Madden NFL 10 football game for the Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, and PSP, Electronic Arts has revealed that its anticipated iPhone port of the game will be available in September. Unlike its console and portable releases, for which EA has exclusive rights to the NFL’s teams and players, the iPhone and iPod touch release of the game will have competition, including Gameloft’s NFL 2010, which has already been released on the App Store.
- Report: iPhone 6S may be slightly thicker than iPhone 6
- Apple Pay set to launch in UK on July 14?
- Report: New iPhone’s base storage could stay at 16GB
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?