Mix: China Unicom, USAA, Qik, Madden NFL 10
China Unicom is now denying a report from earlier in the week stating that it had agreed to purchase 5 million WCDMA iPhones for sale in mainland China. “The report is not true,” Unicom spokesman Yi Difei told the UKPA. “Talks between us and Apple have been going on for some time, but no agreement has been reached yet. There are all kinds of possibilities. There is no particular timetable for the talks.”
USAA, a privately held bank and insurance company, has revealed that customers have already made more than $1.5 million in deposits using the company’s updated iPhone application which launched this week. The application uses the iPhone’s camera to photograph both sides of a check for deposit, with an on-screen guide to make sure the check’s image is placed correctly in the frame. A company spokesperson told mocoNews that overall, the app has been installed nearly 150,000 times, and more than 58,000 users have already elected to update it.
The online video streaming and sharing service Qik has launched its official application for the iPhone 3GS. Available as a free download from the App Store, the Apple-approved version carries with it restrictions missing from the previously-released jailbreak app, namely the ability to record, upload, and stream video over 3G using an iPhone 3G or 3GS; the App Store version offers only the ability to record and upload over Wi-Fi using the iPhone 3GS. In addition to uploading to Qik’s own site, the app can also upload videos to Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
In a press release announcing the availability of its Madden NFL 10 football game for the Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, and PSP, Electronic Arts has revealed that its anticipated iPhone port of the game will be available in September. Unlike its console and portable releases, for which EA has exclusive rights to the NFL’s teams and players, the iPhone and iPod touch release of the game will have competition, including Gameloft’s NFL 2010, which has already been released on the App Store.
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?