Mix: Coldplay, iPod Socks, Florida Marlins, iPodSync | iLounge News

Mix: Coldplay, iPod Socks, Florida Marlins, iPodSync

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, April 20, 2005
News Categories:

Capitol Records is using the iPod as part of its extreme security measures for media playbacks of Coldplay’s upcoming new album X&Y. “Journalists are required to listen to the set on an iPod locked inside a clear case, with a security guard perched outside an open door,” reports Billboard.

Apple’s iPod Socks are good for more than keeping your iPod warm — thieves apparently don’t realize there’s an expensive device inside them and leave behind the iPod when robbing people.

Florida Marlins pitcher Dontrelle Willis is the latest MLB iPod fan. “How did I survive without this?” asks Willis as he plays with his iPod in the visiting clubhouse at Shea Stadium. “Carrying around all those CDs… man, how did I live like that?”

Mediafour has announced a special offer for Windows iPod users: Buy XPlay before May 1, 2005 and receive iPodSync for free. You must use discount code “XPLAYSYNC� during checkout to receive the special pricing.

« Motorola CEO: iTunes mobile phone still coming

Kensington debuts new FM transmitter/charger »

Comments

Ah, I wish I was a journalist!  That album in going to be great.

Posted by ipodman715 on April 20, 2005 at 1:31 PM (PDT)

*IS

Posted by ipodman715 on April 20, 2005 at 1:32 PM (PDT)

It is also said that the head of Capitol’s arse is so tight he hasn’t had a william shatner in a fortnight.

Posted by e-baby on April 20, 2005 at 3:02 PM (PDT)

I think Ipod socks are brilliant. Mine has kept my Ipod completely free from scratches; very much unlike any of the plastic-skin type cases.

Looks like they’ve found themselves another use…

Posted by Popjunkie in Singapore on April 20, 2005 at 4:05 PM (PDT)

Oh please, the thieves were probably just really stupid. I have my 60gb iPod in an orange sock right in front of me. If they didn’t know what it was, they’d at least check it or something. I just think they got lucky.

Fishes,
narco.

Posted by narco in Burbank on April 20, 2005 at 10:27 PM (PDT)

ha!  iPod socks still making headlines…

Posted by apple juice in USA on April 24, 2005 at 3:18 PM (PDT)

icup

Posted by 7122 on August 3, 2005 at 11:04 AM (PDT)

someone else say suttin
im gettin an ipod for christmas… i hope!

Posted by 7122 on August 3, 2005 at 11:06 AM (PDT)