Mix: Color display, Libraries, Wal-Mart, Colleges
In yet another sign that the iPod photo will soon become the standard iPod model, Apple has renamed the PDF manual for the device to “iPod_with_color_display_User’s_Guide” from “iPod_photoUserGuide”. iLounge has been noting the de-emphasizing of the word “photo” from the product’s name for months. The iPod photo’s packaging was changed in February to reduce “photo” to a small badge, and in March Apple referred to the devices as “iPod with Color Displays” in an iPod Software Update.
Michael Stephens has written an interesting article for Library Journal on how libraries across the U.S. are using iPods.
Analysts say not to expect to see Apple products in Wal-Mart stores any time soon because Steve Jobs “likes to keep tight control over how and at what prices Apple products are sold, while Wal-Mart largely dictates terms to its suppliers.”
Elizabeth Armstrong Moore of The Christian Science Monitor has written an excellent article on iPod use in colleges.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?