Mix: ColorWare, Aerosystems, Intel, Top Gear
ColorWare has announced that it is now offering custom coloring services for the second-generation iPod touch, fourth-generation iPod nano, and 120GB iPod classic. The company offers 35 different colors, which can be applied separately to parts like the back, home button, and Click Wheel. Mail-in service starts at $125 for the touch 2G and $75 for the nano 4G or 120GB classic, while units purchased directly from ColorWare start at $355 for the touch 2G, $225 for the nano 4G, and $325 for the classic.
JMJarre Technologies has introduced its new Aerosystems iPod loudspeaker in Europe. The tall, cylindrical speaker features a built-in iPod dock on top, a glass enclosure, an integrated amplifier, electronic circuit signal processing to help restore sound to compressed audio sources such as MP3s, and more. The Aerosystems speaker is available now in black or silver and retails for €449, or roughly $575.
Speaking at the Intel Developer Forum in Taipei, Taiwan, Intel executives Shane Wall and Pankaj Kedia made comments concerning the iPhone’s performance and its dependence on the ARM architecture. “The shortcomings of the iPhone are not because of Apple,” said Kedia, Intel’s director of ecosystems for its ultra-mobility group. “The shortcomings of the iPhone have come from ARM.” Wall, vice president Intel’s the mobility group, said, “Any sort of application that requires any horse power at all and the iPhone struggles,” adding that despite the buzz created around the device, it fell short in a number of areas. He went on to say, “If you want to run full internet, you’re going to have to run an Intel-based architecture.”
The popular BBC program Top Gear is now available on the iTunes Store in the U.S. Currently, only the tenth season of the show is available, with individual episodes priced at $2 and the entire season priced at $15. To celebrate the show’s availability, BBC America is offering a special link from the show’s official website—topgear.com—which allows fans to download one free episode from season 10.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?