Mix: ColorWare, Aerosystems, Intel, Top Gear
ColorWare has announced that it is now offering custom coloring services for the second-generation iPod touch, fourth-generation iPod nano, and 120GB iPod classic. The company offers 35 different colors, which can be applied separately to parts like the back, home button, and Click Wheel. Mail-in service starts at $125 for the touch 2G and $75 for the nano 4G or 120GB classic, while units purchased directly from ColorWare start at $355 for the touch 2G, $225 for the nano 4G, and $325 for the classic.
JMJarre Technologies has introduced its new Aerosystems iPod loudspeaker in Europe. The tall, cylindrical speaker features a built-in iPod dock on top, a glass enclosure, an integrated amplifier, electronic circuit signal processing to help restore sound to compressed audio sources such as MP3s, and more. The Aerosystems speaker is available now in black or silver and retails for €449, or roughly $575.
Speaking at the Intel Developer Forum in Taipei, Taiwan, Intel executives Shane Wall and Pankaj Kedia made comments concerning the iPhone’s performance and its dependence on the ARM architecture. “The shortcomings of the iPhone are not because of Apple,” said Kedia, Intel’s director of ecosystems for its ultra-mobility group. “The shortcomings of the iPhone have come from ARM.” Wall, vice president Intel’s the mobility group, said, “Any sort of application that requires any horse power at all and the iPhone struggles,” adding that despite the buzz created around the device, it fell short in a number of areas. He went on to say, “If you want to run full internet, you’re going to have to run an Intel-based architecture.”
The popular BBC program Top Gear is now available on the iTunes Store in the U.S. Currently, only the tenth season of the show is available, with individual episodes priced at $2 and the entire season priced at $15. To celebrate the show’s availability, BBC America is offering a special link from the show’s official website—topgear.com—which allows fans to download one free episode from season 10.
- Apple Music coming to Sonos Dec. 15 through public beta program
- Apple to drop headphone jack from next iPhone?
- Amazon Instant Video app could hit Apple TV ‘within a few weeks’
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Pro
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?