Mix: ColorWare, Aerosystems, Intel, Top Gear
ColorWare has announced that it is now offering custom coloring services for the second-generation iPod touch, fourth-generation iPod nano, and 120GB iPod classic. The company offers 35 different colors, which can be applied separately to parts like the back, home button, and Click Wheel. Mail-in service starts at $125 for the touch 2G and $75 for the nano 4G or 120GB classic, while units purchased directly from ColorWare start at $355 for the touch 2G, $225 for the nano 4G, and $325 for the classic.
JMJarre Technologies has introduced its new Aerosystems iPod loudspeaker in Europe. The tall, cylindrical speaker features a built-in iPod dock on top, a glass enclosure, an integrated amplifier, electronic circuit signal processing to help restore sound to compressed audio sources such as MP3s, and more. The Aerosystems speaker is available now in black or silver and retails for €449, or roughly $575.
Speaking at the Intel Developer Forum in Taipei, Taiwan, Intel executives Shane Wall and Pankaj Kedia made comments concerning the iPhone’s performance and its dependence on the ARM architecture. “The shortcomings of the iPhone are not because of Apple,” said Kedia, Intel’s director of ecosystems for its ultra-mobility group. “The shortcomings of the iPhone have come from ARM.” Wall, vice president Intel’s the mobility group, said, “Any sort of application that requires any horse power at all and the iPhone struggles,” adding that despite the buzz created around the device, it fell short in a number of areas. He went on to say, “If you want to run full internet, you’re going to have to run an Intel-based architecture.”
The popular BBC program Top Gear is now available on the iTunes Store in the U.S. Currently, only the tenth season of the show is available, with individual episodes priced at $2 and the entire season priced at $15. To celebrate the show’s availability, BBC America is offering a special link from the show’s official website—topgear.com—which allows fans to download one free episode from season 10.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?