Mix: Cover Stream, iZap, Avaya, Think Secret
Snarb.tk has released the inaugural version of its Cover Stream software for Mac, which lets users put iTunes’ Cover Flow interface in a floating window on their Desktop. Features include the ability to “flip-browse” through the albums in an iPhone-like style and global hotkeys. Cover Stream requires a consolidated iTunes library and Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
ZAP has revealed that it will debut its new iZAP line of iPod mobile rechargers at Macworld Expo in January. “The iZAP line is the off-shoot of ZAP’s research into a better electric car battery,” said ZAP CEO, Steve Schneider. The line will include the RO8-IV, a specially designed battery pack for the fifth-generation iPod that will feature aluminum housing, lightweight lithium polymer cells and a silicon protective cover.
Avaya has announced that its one-X Mobile client software, expected to be available in Europe in the first quarter of 2008, will enable the iPhone to be integrated into most enterprise IP telecommunications networks. According to the company, it “will allow employees to add Apple’s iconic device to their Christmas present wish-lists without fear of the IT department dismissing it as ‘incompatible’ with the business’ IT systems and networks.”
Apple and Think Secret have settled their lawsuit, resulting in the long time Apple product rumor site shutting down. “As part of the confidential settlement, no sources were revealed and Think Secret will no longer be published,” said a note on Think Secret’s site, which published a number of tips from Apple insiders regarding unannounced products. Nick Ciarelli, Think Secret’s publisher, added, “I’m pleased to have reached this amicable settlement, and will now be able to move forward with my college studies and broader journalistic pursuits.”
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?