Mix: Cover Stream, iZap, Avaya, Think Secret
Snarb.tk has released the inaugural version of its Cover Stream software for Mac, which lets users put iTunes’ Cover Flow interface in a floating window on their Desktop. Features include the ability to “flip-browse” through the albums in an iPhone-like style and global hotkeys. Cover Stream requires a consolidated iTunes library and Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
ZAP has revealed that it will debut its new iZAP line of iPod mobile rechargers at Macworld Expo in January. “The iZAP line is the off-shoot of ZAP’s research into a better electric car battery,” said ZAP CEO, Steve Schneider. The line will include the RO8-IV, a specially designed battery pack for the fifth-generation iPod that will feature aluminum housing, lightweight lithium polymer cells and a silicon protective cover.
Avaya has announced that its one-X Mobile client software, expected to be available in Europe in the first quarter of 2008, will enable the iPhone to be integrated into most enterprise IP telecommunications networks. According to the company, it “will allow employees to add Apple’s iconic device to their Christmas present wish-lists without fear of the IT department dismissing it as ‘incompatible’ with the business’ IT systems and networks.”
Apple and Think Secret have settled their lawsuit, resulting in the long time Apple product rumor site shutting down. “As part of the confidential settlement, no sources were revealed and Think Secret will no longer be published,” said a note on Think Secret’s site, which published a number of tips from Apple insiders regarding unannounced products. Nick Ciarelli, Think Secret’s publisher, added, “I’m pleased to have reached this amicable settlement, and will now be able to move forward with my college studies and broader journalistic pursuits.”
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?