Mix: Cover Stream, iZap, Avaya, Think Secret
Snarb.tk has released the inaugural version of its Cover Stream software for Mac, which lets users put iTunes’ Cover Flow interface in a floating window on their Desktop. Features include the ability to “flip-browse” through the albums in an iPhone-like style and global hotkeys. Cover Stream requires a consolidated iTunes library and Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
ZAP has revealed that it will debut its new iZAP line of iPod mobile rechargers at Macworld Expo in January. “The iZAP line is the off-shoot of ZAP’s research into a better electric car battery,” said ZAP CEO, Steve Schneider. The line will include the RO8-IV, a specially designed battery pack for the fifth-generation iPod that will feature aluminum housing, lightweight lithium polymer cells and a silicon protective cover.
Avaya has announced that its one-X Mobile client software, expected to be available in Europe in the first quarter of 2008, will enable the iPhone to be integrated into most enterprise IP telecommunications networks. According to the company, it “will allow employees to add Apple’s iconic device to their Christmas present wish-lists without fear of the IT department dismissing it as ‘incompatible’ with the business’ IT systems and networks.”
Apple and Think Secret have settled their lawsuit, resulting in the long time Apple product rumor site shutting down. “As part of the confidential settlement, no sources were revealed and Think Secret will no longer be published,” said a note on Think Secret’s site, which published a number of tips from Apple insiders regarding unannounced products. Nick Ciarelli, Think Secret’s publisher, added, “I’m pleased to have reached this amicable settlement, and will now be able to move forward with my college studies and broader journalistic pursuits.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?