Mix: Cover Stream, iZap, Avaya, Think Secret
Snarb.tk has released the inaugural version of its Cover Stream software for Mac, which lets users put iTunes’ Cover Flow interface in a floating window on their Desktop. Features include the ability to “flip-browse” through the albums in an iPhone-like style and global hotkeys. Cover Stream requires a consolidated iTunes library and Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
ZAP has revealed that it will debut its new iZAP line of iPod mobile rechargers at Macworld Expo in January. “The iZAP line is the off-shoot of ZAP’s research into a better electric car battery,” said ZAP CEO, Steve Schneider. The line will include the RO8-IV, a specially designed battery pack for the fifth-generation iPod that will feature aluminum housing, lightweight lithium polymer cells and a silicon protective cover.
Avaya has announced that its one-X Mobile client software, expected to be available in Europe in the first quarter of 2008, will enable the iPhone to be integrated into most enterprise IP telecommunications networks. According to the company, it “will allow employees to add Apple’s iconic device to their Christmas present wish-lists without fear of the IT department dismissing it as ‘incompatible’ with the business’ IT systems and networks.”
Apple and Think Secret have settled their lawsuit, resulting in the long time Apple product rumor site shutting down. “As part of the confidential settlement, no sources were revealed and Think Secret will no longer be published,” said a note on Think Secret’s site, which published a number of tips from Apple insiders regarding unannounced products. Nick Ciarelli, Think Secret’s publisher, added, “I’m pleased to have reached this amicable settlement, and will now be able to move forward with my college studies and broader journalistic pursuits.”
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?