Mix: Cover Stream, SuperSync, Studywiz Spark, Wi-Fi
Snarb.tk has released Cover Stream 1.2, the latest version of its iTunes controller for Mac that allows users to access iTunes’ Cover Flow feature directly from the desktop. Cover Stream 1.2 adds a Mini Flow mode, with the ability to double-click on an album to start playback, as well as a new status window, jewel case artwork, a volume indicator, colored text, and other improvements. Cover Stream requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later and sells for $15.
Music library synchronization software SuperSync has been updated to version 2.2. SuperSync allows Mac and PC users to synchronize their music libraries both locally and over a network. Version 2.2 adds the ability to import songs and playlists from the iPod, and also contains a number of bug fixes. SuperSync 2.2 is available for both Mac and PC, and runs $29 for a two-machine license.
Studywiz Spark, a new online learning tool for K-12 education, has announced that it has customized its online learning management system for the iPhone, iPod, and iPod touch. Studywiz Spark enables teachers, students and parents to actively participate in education outside the classroom. “Schools are now beginning to integrate new mobile technologies into their learning strategies. The mobile version of Studywiz Spark has specifically customized the Dynamic LearnSpace for leading devices like the iPhone, iPod and iPod touch,” said Bob Longo, Etech, Executive Vice President of North America. “Studywiz Spark’s mobile approach simplifies and sensibly adapts to the value of these exciting devices, which promotes active learning and extends the 21st Century learning environment beyond traditional classroom walls.”
A recent article in the Chicago Tribune suggests that Wi-Fi-enabled devices such as the iPod touch and iPhone should allow parents to effectively lock the devices’ internet capabilities for the protection of their children, similar to how parental controls work on desktop computers. “Parents are pretty good about figuring out what things cost, like ringtone downloads for a mobile phone, because they are listed on mobile phone bills,” said Parry Aftab, who runs an Internet safety group called Wiredsafety.org. “But they are bad at the other stuff.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0