Mix: Cover Stream, SuperSync, Studywiz Spark, Wi-Fi
Snarb.tk has released Cover Stream 1.2, the latest version of its iTunes controller for Mac that allows users to access iTunes’ Cover Flow feature directly from the desktop. Cover Stream 1.2 adds a Mini Flow mode, with the ability to double-click on an album to start playback, as well as a new status window, jewel case artwork, a volume indicator, colored text, and other improvements. Cover Stream requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later and sells for $15.
Music library synchronization software SuperSync has been updated to version 2.2. SuperSync allows Mac and PC users to synchronize their music libraries both locally and over a network. Version 2.2 adds the ability to import songs and playlists from the iPod, and also contains a number of bug fixes. SuperSync 2.2 is available for both Mac and PC, and runs $29 for a two-machine license.
Studywiz Spark, a new online learning tool for K-12 education, has announced that it has customized its online learning management system for the iPhone, iPod, and iPod touch. Studywiz Spark enables teachers, students and parents to actively participate in education outside the classroom. “Schools are now beginning to integrate new mobile technologies into their learning strategies. The mobile version of Studywiz Spark has specifically customized the Dynamic LearnSpace for leading devices like the iPhone, iPod and iPod touch,” said Bob Longo, Etech, Executive Vice President of North America. “Studywiz Spark’s mobile approach simplifies and sensibly adapts to the value of these exciting devices, which promotes active learning and extends the 21st Century learning environment beyond traditional classroom walls.”
A recent article in the Chicago Tribune suggests that Wi-Fi-enabled devices such as the iPod touch and iPhone should allow parents to effectively lock the devices’ internet capabilities for the protection of their children, similar to how parental controls work on desktop computers. “Parents are pretty good about figuring out what things cost, like ringtone downloads for a mobile phone, because they are listed on mobile phone bills,” said Parry Aftab, who runs an Internet safety group called Wiredsafety.org. “But they are bad at the other stuff.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014