Mix: Cover Stream, SuperSync, Studywiz Spark, Wi-Fi
Snarb.tk has released Cover Stream 1.2, the latest version of its iTunes controller for Mac that allows users to access iTunes’ Cover Flow feature directly from the desktop. Cover Stream 1.2 adds a Mini Flow mode, with the ability to double-click on an album to start playback, as well as a new status window, jewel case artwork, a volume indicator, colored text, and other improvements. Cover Stream requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later and sells for $15.
Music library synchronization software SuperSync has been updated to version 2.2. SuperSync allows Mac and PC users to synchronize their music libraries both locally and over a network. Version 2.2 adds the ability to import songs and playlists from the iPod, and also contains a number of bug fixes. SuperSync 2.2 is available for both Mac and PC, and runs $29 for a two-machine license.
Studywiz Spark, a new online learning tool for K-12 education, has announced that it has customized its online learning management system for the iPhone, iPod, and iPod touch. Studywiz Spark enables teachers, students and parents to actively participate in education outside the classroom. “Schools are now beginning to integrate new mobile technologies into their learning strategies. The mobile version of Studywiz Spark has specifically customized the Dynamic LearnSpace for leading devices like the iPhone, iPod and iPod touch,” said Bob Longo, Etech, Executive Vice President of North America. “Studywiz Spark’s mobile approach simplifies and sensibly adapts to the value of these exciting devices, which promotes active learning and extends the 21st Century learning environment beyond traditional classroom walls.”
A recent article in the Chicago Tribune suggests that Wi-Fi-enabled devices such as the iPod touch and iPhone should allow parents to effectively lock the devices’ internet capabilities for the protection of their children, similar to how parental controls work on desktop computers. “Parents are pretty good about figuring out what things cost, like ringtone downloads for a mobile phone, because they are listed on mobile phone bills,” said Parry Aftab, who runs an Internet safety group called Wiredsafety.org. “But they are bad at the other stuff.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?