Mix: Dateline, EMI, Audi, ChangeWave
Dateline NBC ran a story last night about the problem of iPod theft, and poses the question of whether Apple could help trace stolen iPods using data in found in tracks purchased from the iTunes Store.
Terra Firma’s takeover of EMI has crossed another milestone, as the firm declared its £2.4 billion bid unconditional after it received the requisite 90 per cent acceptances from EMI investors. Whether the takeover will have any affect on EMI’s DRM-free offerings on iTunes has yet to be seen.
Audi included black 30GB iPods, preloaded with Audi content, with its special VIP invitations to the debut of its new R8 model in Tokyo.
According to a new survey by ChangeWave, 16% of respondents who plan on purchasing a cell phone in the next six months plan to get an Apple iPhone, a greater percentage than any competing manufacturer.
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?