Mix: DDEX, Rubinstein, Hi-Fi deal, Defaced store
In an effort to better track digital music sales, the four major record labels and companies such as Apple, Microsoft and RealNetworks have founded a consortium called Digital Data Exchange (DDEX).
Jon Rubinstein, the former senior vice president of Apple’s iPod division, recently cashed in 112,293 shares of Apple common stock in exchange for nearly $8 million.
J&R Music and Computer World is selling Apple’s iPod Hi-Fi speaker system for $299—$50 below the retail price.
Apple’s Korean online store was recently defaced by a hacker. “The attack, carried out by someone working under the name ‘Dinam’, who claimed in his post to be Turkish, was brought to the attention of silicon.com last Thursday. The defacement was removed from Apple’s website shortly after silicon.com alerted the company.”
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?