Mix: DDEX, Rubinstein, Hi-Fi deal, Defaced store
In an effort to better track digital music sales, the four major record labels and companies such as Apple, Microsoft and RealNetworks have founded a consortium called Digital Data Exchange (DDEX).
Jon Rubinstein, the former senior vice president of Apple’s iPod division, recently cashed in 112,293 shares of Apple common stock in exchange for nearly $8 million.
J&R Music and Computer World is selling Apple’s iPod Hi-Fi speaker system for $299—$50 below the retail price.
Apple’s Korean online store was recently defaced by a hacker. “The attack, carried out by someone working under the name ‘Dinam’, who claimed in his post to be Turkish, was brought to the attention of silicon.com last Thursday. The defacement was removed from Apple’s website shortly after silicon.com alerted the company.”
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?