Mix: Delicious Library, ChangeWave, total App cost, touch 3G
Wil Shipley, the developer behind Delicious Monster, has announced via Twitter that the iPhone version of the personal cataloging software Delicious Library has been pulled from the App Store due to a change in Amazon’s API terms. The portion of the terms in question states that “[y]ou will not, without our express prior written approval requested via this link, use any Product Advertising Content on or in connection with any site or application designed or intended for use with a mobile phone or other handheld device.” Shipley notes that the desktop version of Delicious Library is safe from these restrictions, and that he asked permission to use the data but was told “no permission is being given right now.”
More than four in ten people planning to purchase a smartphone in the next 90 days plan on buying an iPhone, according to the latest ChangeWave survey. Of the 14.4% of respondents who said they plan on purchasing a smartphone in the next 90 days, 44% said they planned on purchasing an iPhone, compared to just 23% who planned to purchase a BlackBerry and 8% who planned to purchase a Palm. Of those 44%, 17% plan to buy a 32GB iPhone 3GS, 21% plan on picking up a 16GB model, while 5% plan on purchasing the still-available 8GB iPhone 3G. By comparison, only 30% of March respondents said they were planning to purchase an iPhone.
As of July 6, the total cost for all 55,732 applications in the App Store was $144,326.06, according to a post on Busted Loop. On average, each app cost $2.59, or $3.34 when not including the 12,538 free applications available. Interestingly, the post also lists the top 26 developers by total cost of their applications—at the top was Iceberg Reader, with 1206 apps available at a total cost of $16,427.94.
More evidence of the third-generation iPod touch has surfaced, via Pinch Media’s Pinch Analytics data. Labeled “iPod 3,1,” the device was first seen in Pinch’s data in April 2009, only slightly after a listing for the same device was discovered in an iPhone OS 3.0 configuration file. Pinch Media claims that they have now tracked a “few dozen” distinct “iPod 3,1” devices, with appearances becoming more common since May. The original iPod touch was labeled “iPod 1,1” while the second-generation unit was labeled “iPod 2,1;” it is worth noting that first number changes normally indicate significant internal component differences between models, as the original iPhone was labeled “iPhone 1,1,” while the iPhone 3G and 3GS were labeled “iPhone 1,2” and “iPhone 2,1,” respectively.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?