Mix: Disney/ABC, Apple earnings, Vending machines, NotPods
Published: Monday, April 10, 2006
Disney/ABC will offer several of its hit shows such as Lost and Desperate Housewives for free on the web. The programming will feature commercials and will not be downloadable to computers or portable devices.
Apple will release its second quarter financial results on Wednesday, April 19 after the markets close. Analyst are expecting earnings of around 44 cents a share and $4.5 billion in revenue.
The iPod vending machines in Atlanta and San Francisco are doing well, according to Zoom Systems, the company behind the business. “Even though buyers are asked to plunk down a credit card for almost three bills to walk away with an iPod, the company says demand is strong, and they’ve started researching other locations.”
Forbes’ Stephen Manes has written an article, entitled “NotPods,” that looks as the lack of strong iPod rivals. “The burgeoning culture of iPod accessories, both software and hardware, helps ensure that those who think different and shun the iPod will remain in the minority. For the foreseeable future, the greatest competition for an iPod is the next one,” he says.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: 2012 to the Present
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups