Mix: Disney, Intel, iCopy, Gear4, Boston Acoustics
Disney CEO Bob Iger, speaking at the Digital Hollywood Media Summit, has revealed that the company has sold 4 million movies and “40 to 50” million videos through iTunes. According to estimates from Pali Research’s Rich Greenfield, that equates to around $120 million in revenue. [via Mac Rumors]
A slide from an Intel presentation at the recent CeBIT event suggests that the iPhone may be powered by an Intel x86 chip in the future. A picture of the slide shows an image of the iPhone, labeled “Smartphones,” underneath a general heading for devices the company is targeting with its next-generation mobile platform, code named Moorestown. The iPhone currently uses an ARM processor.
A new service called iCopy offers iPhone and iPod touch users a way to copy and paste text within the devices’ Safari and Mail applications, using a bookmark link and browser cookies. The service is free; more information and demonstration videos can be found on the iCopy website.
Gear4 has introduced the BassStation, a new 2.1 speaker system for iPod that looks strikingly like Apple’s discontinued iPod Hi-Fi. The BassStation features an integrated iPod Dock, a 5-inch subwoofer, 35 Watts of power, a line input, video and audio output, a remote control, and the ability to charge the iPod while docked. It sells for £99.99, or around $200. [via Macworld UK]
Boston Acoustics has unveiled its Duo-i AM/FM Stereo with iPod Dock. Features include two full-range 3.5-inch drivers, two auxiliary inputs, audio and video output, dual independent alarms with sleep timer, a remote control, and a high contrast display. It is available now and sells for $200. [via Engadget]
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?