Mix: Disney, Intel, iCopy, Gear4, Boston Acoustics
Disney CEO Bob Iger, speaking at the Digital Hollywood Media Summit, has revealed that the company has sold 4 million movies and “40 to 50” million videos through iTunes. According to estimates from Pali Research’s Rich Greenfield, that equates to around $120 million in revenue. [via Mac Rumors]
A slide from an Intel presentation at the recent CeBIT event suggests that the iPhone may be powered by an Intel x86 chip in the future. A picture of the slide shows an image of the iPhone, labeled “Smartphones,” underneath a general heading for devices the company is targeting with its next-generation mobile platform, code named Moorestown. The iPhone currently uses an ARM processor.
A new service called iCopy offers iPhone and iPod touch users a way to copy and paste text within the devices’ Safari and Mail applications, using a bookmark link and browser cookies. The service is free; more information and demonstration videos can be found on the iCopy website.
Gear4 has introduced the BassStation, a new 2.1 speaker system for iPod that looks strikingly like Apple’s discontinued iPod Hi-Fi. The BassStation features an integrated iPod Dock, a 5-inch subwoofer, 35 Watts of power, a line input, video and audio output, a remote control, and the ability to charge the iPod while docked. It sells for £99.99, or around $200. [via Macworld UK]
Boston Acoustics has unveiled its Duo-i AM/FM Stereo with iPod Dock. Features include two full-range 3.5-inch drivers, two auxiliary inputs, audio and video output, dual independent alarms with sleep timer, a remote control, and a high contrast display. It is available now and sells for $200. [via Engadget]
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Showtime’s standalone Apple TV channel arrives with free trial
- Apple redesigning third-party accessory packaging for its stores
- Apple aims to bring back Home Sharing for music in iOS 9
- Report: iPhone 6S may be slightly thicker than iPhone 6
- Apple Pay set to launch in UK on July 14?
- Report: New iPhone’s base storage could stay at 16GB
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?