Mix: DIY dock, Discovery Channel, Unbox, PodFreq
One second-generation iPod nano owner has created a homemade dock from the nano’s plastic packaging. “Twenty minutes, scissors (the orange ones), a pocket knife and masking tape… and boredom thrown in. Ultimately I now have an iPod dock,” he says.
The Discover Channel is looking for original iPod owners: “You and your iPod can be ‘Discovery’-ed on international television if you send us your high resolution photos (300 dpi, 1000x1000 pixels) of you and your 1st or 2nd generation iPods circa 2001-2002. Contact Bernadette Longino, Associate Producer, The Discovery Channel, Inventions that Changed the World: the iPod: (212) 784-7769, bernadette (at) sharpentertainment (dot) com.”
Fortune’s Peter Lewis says Amazon’s new Unbox movie service is a horror show. Lewis writes: “Of all the smart and talented people at Amazon, did no one dare say, ‘Wait, our new service bites! It’s slower than a trip to Blockbuster, more expensive than a DVD, absurdly restrictive on how the consumer uses the movie, delivers lower resolution than a DVD, and requires running a cable from the PC to the TV if you want to watch the movie on something larger than a PC monitor’?”
Sonnet Technologies has announcesd immediate price cuts on its PodFreq nano and PodFreq mini FM transmitters for first-generation iPod nanos and iPod minis, respectively. Both PodFreq models’ retail prices have been reduced to $30, a savings of 40–70% off previous prices.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards