Mix: DIY dock, Discovery Channel, Unbox, PodFreq
One second-generation iPod nano owner has created a homemade dock from the nano’s plastic packaging. “Twenty minutes, scissors (the orange ones), a pocket knife and masking tape… and boredom thrown in. Ultimately I now have an iPod dock,” he says.
The Discover Channel is looking for original iPod owners: “You and your iPod can be ‘Discovery’-ed on international television if you send us your high resolution photos (300 dpi, 1000x1000 pixels) of you and your 1st or 2nd generation iPods circa 2001-2002. Contact Bernadette Longino, Associate Producer, The Discovery Channel, Inventions that Changed the World: the iPod: (212) 784-7769, bernadette (at) sharpentertainment (dot) com.”
Fortune’s Peter Lewis says Amazon’s new Unbox movie service is a horror show. Lewis writes: “Of all the smart and talented people at Amazon, did no one dare say, ‘Wait, our new service bites! It’s slower than a trip to Blockbuster, more expensive than a DVD, absurdly restrictive on how the consumer uses the movie, delivers lower resolution than a DVD, and requires running a cable from the PC to the TV if you want to watch the movie on something larger than a PC monitor’?”
Sonnet Technologies has announcesd immediate price cuts on its PodFreq nano and PodFreq mini FM transmitters for first-generation iPod nanos and iPod minis, respectively. Both PodFreq models’ retail prices have been reduced to $30, a savings of 40–70% off previous prices.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?