Mix: DIY dock, Discovery Channel, Unbox, PodFreq
One second-generation iPod nano owner has created a homemade dock from the nano’s plastic packaging. “Twenty minutes, scissors (the orange ones), a pocket knife and masking tape… and boredom thrown in. Ultimately I now have an iPod dock,” he says.
The Discover Channel is looking for original iPod owners: “You and your iPod can be ‘Discovery’-ed on international television if you send us your high resolution photos (300 dpi, 1000x1000 pixels) of you and your 1st or 2nd generation iPods circa 2001-2002. Contact Bernadette Longino, Associate Producer, The Discovery Channel, Inventions that Changed the World: the iPod: (212) 784-7769, bernadette (at) sharpentertainment (dot) com.”
Fortune’s Peter Lewis says Amazon’s new Unbox movie service is a horror show. Lewis writes: “Of all the smart and talented people at Amazon, did no one dare say, ‘Wait, our new service bites! It’s slower than a trip to Blockbuster, more expensive than a DVD, absurdly restrictive on how the consumer uses the movie, delivers lower resolution than a DVD, and requires running a cable from the PC to the TV if you want to watch the movie on something larger than a PC monitor’?”
Sonnet Technologies has announcesd immediate price cuts on its PodFreq nano and PodFreq mini FM transmitters for first-generation iPod nanos and iPod minis, respectively. Both PodFreq models’ retail prices have been reduced to $30, a savings of 40–70% off previous prices.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?