Mix: DRM-less videos, iSkin party, Phish, Verizon V Cast
4Flix.Net has announced a new iPod-compatible video download service that offers “hundreds of feature-length movies, TV shows, independent films and other video content… without cumbersome Digital Rights Management (DRM) restrictions.”
To coincide with Macworld Expo, iSkin will be hosting a party on Tuesday, Jan. 10th at Jillians in San Francisco. “The Keep It Real Event” will feature music by DJ Chip E, Digital Underground’s DJ Fuze, KMEL 106.1 San Francisco DJ Mind Motion and Alise Phoenix. You must R.S.V.P by emailing your name to [email protected]
Jam band Phish is now selling iPod-compatible video clips of its live shows from its website. The shows are priced at $1.99 each.
BusinessWeek’s Spencer Ante says that Verizon’s V Cast music service is “the phone business’ fiercest bid yet to grab away music fans from Apple’s iPod and iTunes.”
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?