Mix: Duke, Podcasting, licensing, haters, lovers
Lisa Merschel, a professor in the Spanish department at Duke University, says the iPod program has revolutionized her students’ experience with the language.
Brian Braiker of Newsweek has written a good overview of Podcasting entitled “Tivo for your iPod.”
Not just anyone can build accessories for the iPod. Companies interested in building certain gear for the device must license the dock connector technology from Apple.
USA Today’s Andrew Kantor says he doesn’t understand the overwhelming appeal of the iPod, and claims that “other brands are better, less expensive, have more capacity, are easier to use, and so on.”
Meanwhile, Shawna Richer of The Globe and Mail says the iPod is the “most life-altering gadget to arrive in my 37 years on the planet.”
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?