Mix: EA Mobile, Australia, AT&T, Star Without Wars
Travis Boatman, EA Mobile’s vice president of worldwide studios, made several comments regarding the iPad in a recent interview with Mobile Entertainment. “We’re really pleased with the results so far,” Boatman said. “It’s been a successful launch given the track record of Apple, and we’ve invested in it appropriately. iPad isn’t quite a mobile phone, but it has a lot of the characteristics of the type of device that plays well with our gameplay: it’s a portable device with digital distribution.” Calling the iPad a “destination device,” Boatman explained that the usage patterns of iPad users are changing how the company looks at developing games for the device. “We’re deepening the scope of the games, because people really do decide to sit down with it on their laps and play for longer periods of time. That affects the kind of games we build.”
Both Vodafone and 3 in Australia have announced their data plans and rates for the iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G. Vodafone is offering four monthly plans, including 250MB of data for $10 (AU), 1GB for $15 (AU), 4GB for $30 (AU), and Unlimited data for $50 (AU), as well as 6GB of data good for 180 days for $100 (AU) and 12GB of data good for one year for $150. 3 is offering four pre-paid plans, with 500MB of data + 1GB bonus data for $15 (AU) monthly, 2GG + 2GB bonus for $30 (AU) monthly, 4GB of data + 2GB bonus data for $50 (AU) monthly , and 12GB of data per year for $150 (AU). [Thanks, Albert]
Without citing any sources, the Boy Genius Report claims that AT&T has told its employees that the next-generation iPhone will launch in June, adding that “from what we’ve heard, it won’t even be late June.” Apple CEO Steve Jobs is expected to unveil the device during his 2010 WWDC keynote address on June 7.
Star Without Wars has introduced its Fantabulos Case for the iPad (Pictured). The sleeve-style case is made from 100% polyester felt, and features colorful, soft inner lining, a vertical design, and an elastic band for keeping the top flap closed. Star Without Wars’ Fantabulos Case for the iPad is available now and sells for $25.
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?