Mix: EA Mobile, Australia, AT&T, Star Without Wars
Travis Boatman, EA Mobile’s vice president of worldwide studios, made several comments regarding the iPad in a recent interview with Mobile Entertainment. “We’re really pleased with the results so far,” Boatman said. “It’s been a successful launch given the track record of Apple, and we’ve invested in it appropriately. iPad isn’t quite a mobile phone, but it has a lot of the characteristics of the type of device that plays well with our gameplay: it’s a portable device with digital distribution.” Calling the iPad a “destination device,” Boatman explained that the usage patterns of iPad users are changing how the company looks at developing games for the device. “We’re deepening the scope of the games, because people really do decide to sit down with it on their laps and play for longer periods of time. That affects the kind of games we build.”
Both Vodafone and 3 in Australia have announced their data plans and rates for the iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G. Vodafone is offering four monthly plans, including 250MB of data for $10 (AU), 1GB for $15 (AU), 4GB for $30 (AU), and Unlimited data for $50 (AU), as well as 6GB of data good for 180 days for $100 (AU) and 12GB of data good for one year for $150. 3 is offering four pre-paid plans, with 500MB of data + 1GB bonus data for $15 (AU) monthly, 2GG + 2GB bonus for $30 (AU) monthly, 4GB of data + 2GB bonus data for $50 (AU) monthly , and 12GB of data per year for $150 (AU). [Thanks, Albert]
Without citing any sources, the Boy Genius Report claims that AT&T has told its employees that the next-generation iPhone will launch in June, adding that “from what we’ve heard, it won’t even be late June.” Apple CEO Steve Jobs is expected to unveil the device during his 2010 WWDC keynote address on June 7.
Star Without Wars has introduced its Fantabulos Case for the iPad (Pictured). The sleeve-style case is made from 100% polyester felt, and features colorful, soft inner lining, a vertical design, and an elastic band for keeping the top flap closed. Star Without Wars’ Fantabulos Case for the iPad is available now and sells for $25.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards