Mix: EA Mobile, Australia, AT&T, Star Without Wars
Travis Boatman, EA Mobile’s vice president of worldwide studios, made several comments regarding the iPad in a recent interview with Mobile Entertainment. “We’re really pleased with the results so far,” Boatman said. “It’s been a successful launch given the track record of Apple, and we’ve invested in it appropriately. iPad isn’t quite a mobile phone, but it has a lot of the characteristics of the type of device that plays well with our gameplay: it’s a portable device with digital distribution.” Calling the iPad a “destination device,” Boatman explained that the usage patterns of iPad users are changing how the company looks at developing games for the device. “We’re deepening the scope of the games, because people really do decide to sit down with it on their laps and play for longer periods of time. That affects the kind of games we build.”
Both Vodafone and 3 in Australia have announced their data plans and rates for the iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G. Vodafone is offering four monthly plans, including 250MB of data for $10 (AU), 1GB for $15 (AU), 4GB for $30 (AU), and Unlimited data for $50 (AU), as well as 6GB of data good for 180 days for $100 (AU) and 12GB of data good for one year for $150. 3 is offering four pre-paid plans, with 500MB of data + 1GB bonus data for $15 (AU) monthly, 2GG + 2GB bonus for $30 (AU) monthly, 4GB of data + 2GB bonus data for $50 (AU) monthly , and 12GB of data per year for $150 (AU). [Thanks, Albert]
Without citing any sources, the Boy Genius Report claims that AT&T has told its employees that the next-generation iPhone will launch in June, adding that “from what we’ve heard, it won’t even be late June.” Apple CEO Steve Jobs is expected to unveil the device during his 2010 WWDC keynote address on June 7.
Star Without Wars has introduced its Fantabulos Case for the iPad (Pictured). The sleeve-style case is made from 100% polyester felt, and features colorful, soft inner lining, a vertical design, and an elastic band for keeping the top flap closed. Star Without Wars’ Fantabulos Case for the iPad is available now and sells for $25.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks