Mix: EU iPhone Preorders, In-Cell Patent, Jobs’ Home Theft
According to a report from a German website, Deutsch Telekom will begin to offer preorder tickets for the next-generation iPhone today. The tickets will guarantee access to the new device on the day of release, without having to stand in line, a process the carrier used last year during the iPhone 4S launch. [via 9to5 Mac]
Following rumors that Apple plans to incorporate thinner touchscreens in upcoming devices, the company was awarded a patent today for in-cell screen technology. Unlike traditional touchscreens that place touch-sensitive elements between two pieces of glass, this method incorporates touch sensors directly into the LCD, reducing thickness while improving the screen’s appearance. [via AppleInsider]
The Palo Alto home of late Apple CEO Steve Jobs was burglarized on July 17, according to a just-discovered police report. Kariem McFarlin of Alameda, CA is alleged to have stolen over $60,000 worth of “computers and personal items,” which would raise questions regarding potential exploitation of the legendarily secretive Jobs’ personal files. According to Santa Clara County Deputy District Attorney Tom Flattery, however, the robbery “was totally random.” [via 9to5 Mac]
- Apple wants networks to handle streaming for its web TV service
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?