Mix: EU iPhone Preorders, In-Cell Patent, Jobs’ Home Theft
According to a report from a German website, Deutsch Telekom will begin to offer preorder tickets for the next-generation iPhone today. The tickets will guarantee access to the new device on the day of release, without having to stand in line, a process the carrier used last year during the iPhone 4S launch. [via 9to5 Mac]
Following rumors that Apple plans to incorporate thinner touchscreens in upcoming devices, the company was awarded a patent today for in-cell screen technology. Unlike traditional touchscreens that place touch-sensitive elements between two pieces of glass, this method incorporates touch sensors directly into the LCD, reducing thickness while improving the screen’s appearance. [via AppleInsider]
The Palo Alto home of late Apple CEO Steve Jobs was burglarized on July 17, according to a just-discovered police report. Kariem McFarlin of Alameda, CA is alleged to have stolen over $60,000 worth of “computers and personal items,” which would raise questions regarding potential exploitation of the legendarily secretive Jobs’ personal files. According to Santa Clara County Deputy District Attorney Tom Flattery, however, the robbery “was totally random.” [via 9to5 Mac]
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?