Mix: Europe, Wal-Mart, HOF, iDiamond
Published: Tuesday, August 21, 2007
According to a Financial Times report, Apple has signed deals with T-Mobile of Germany, Orange of France, and O2 in the UK, to be the exclusive carriers of the iPhone in those European countries. The report claims that as part of the deal, Apple will receive 10 percent of revenue from calls and data usage of iPhone customers, and that the deal will be officially announced at the IFA trade fair in Berlin at the end of August.
U.S. retail giant Wal-Mart has begun selling DRM-free MP3 music from major record labels such as Universal and EMI for $0.94 per track. As Universal announced earlier in the month, its “test” of DRM-free music sales began today through retailers such as Wal-Mart and Gbox.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs has been selected for induction into the California Hall of Fame. Jobs, along with notable figures such as photographer Ansel Adams, Jackie Robinson, Elizabeth Taylor, and John Wayne, will be inducted during a Dec. 5 ceremony in Sacramento, CA.
A special edition gold and diamond covered iPod shuffle, dubbed the iDiamond, has been created by jewelry designer Thomas Heyerdahl. The not-for-sale shuffle features 430 hand-set diamonds, solid 18 karat white and pink gold, and has an estimated value of $41,000.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- iPhone 6 metal mockups spotted at electronics show
- Alpine Electronics announces aftermarket CarPlay products
- Apps: A&E/History 2.0, Ally 3.0, Amazon Cloud Drive Photos 3.0 + Pandora 5.3
- Pioneer officially announces aftermarket CarPlay access
- iWatch: LG to supply flexible displays, September release?
- Alleged iPhone 6 front panel, batteries leaked
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Tavik Hemings for iPad Air
- Spigen SGP GLAS.tR SLIM Privacy for iPhone 5/5c/5s
- Incipio [Performance] Armband for iPhone 5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Brookstone Perfect Drink App-Controlled Smart Bartending
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac