Mix: Fortune 500, Pi Phone, Microsoft, Royal Mail
Apple jumped 38 spots on the newest Fortune 500 list of the largest US corporations. Apple now ranks at 121, up from 159 a year ago.
A company, named Deeda, has supposedly introduced an iPhone-inspired touchscreen device named the Pi Phone, that includes many iPhone features such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Google Maps. This strongly appears to be a hoax.
Microsoft senior vice-president Brad Smith has warned Apple not to place too much blame on the music industry. “I’m not a big believer in just blaming the music industry for Apple’s inability to sell every conceivable iPod,” said Smith.
Royal Mail (the UK Post Office) workers are enraged after their superiors took away their iPod. It appears one of the workers had loaded a racy parody of Britney Spears’ “Oops, I did it again” onto the device, which was purchased for the workers as a morale booster.
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?