Mix: Fortune, Fnac, SMS, Projector
Fortune has announced that Apple tops its 26th annual list of America’s Most Admired Companies. In an interview with Fortune Senior Editor Betsy Morris, Apple CEO Steve Jobs said, “We do no market research. We just want to make great products.”
French electronics retail chain Fnac is in discussions to distribute the iPhone in France, according to a Le Figaro report. The French daily cites Fnac head Denis Olivennes as saying that Orange’s exclusive rights for the iPhone in France are “inadmissible.” The report also stated that should negotiations fail, Fnac plans to take legal action.
Although it has been reported by several readers in our comments, Apple has officially acknowledged that a bug where SMS text messages would appear in the wrong order has been fixed in the latest iPhone software. On an Apple support page discussing the problem, the solution now listed is “Use iTunes to update to iPhone Software 1.1.4 or later.”
A new article posted to intstructables.com explains how to make an iPod Video Projector. The project requires cardboard, a mirror, a couple of lenses, does not require any power, and can be made to support any video-capable iPod or iPhone.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?