Mix: Four Track, O2 heist, Guitar Rock Tour, Star Walk
Sonoma Wire Works has released its new FourTrack application for the iPhone and iPod touch 2G. FourTrack is a multi-track audio recorder, offering users 16 bit, 44.1 kHz recording quality, unlimited track length, recording clip lights, calibrated faders, pan control, Wi-Fi syncing, and more. FourTrack is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
UK iPhone carrier O2 is introducing tighter security measures following the theft of iPhones from a London-based store. According to Mobile Today, one of O2’s Oxford Street stores had all of its active demo iPhone 3G units stolen. “People will come in and steal but not usually to that effect,” said Stephen Spurlock, consumer sales director with O2. “We are putting new security measures in our new stores, which should prevent the problem. We want to have live 3G iPhones available in every store.”
Gameloft, recent recipient of both our Editor’s and Reader’s Choice awards for iPhone/iPod touch Game Developer of the Year, has released its new Guitar Rock Tour game for iPhone. Similar in concept to Guitar Hero, Rock Tour allows users to play guitar or drums by tapping on notes at correct intervals, and features 3D graphics and several popular songs including “Beat It,” “Girlfriend,” “Message in a Bottle,” and more. Guitar Rock Tour is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
Vito Technology has released Star Walk, an interactive celestial map application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Star Walk offers an annotated star map of roughly 9000 stars, planets and constellations, allowing users to identify and learn star groupings, monitor changing moon phases, and more. Star Walk is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2014: 39.3M iPhones, 12.3M iPads, 2.6M iPods, $42.1B revenue
- Apple releases Apple TV Software Update 7.0.1
- Apple releases iOS 8.1
- Apple launches iCloud Photos Beta Web Client
- Apple working to cut music subscription prices
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Store returns, begins taking iPad pre-orders
- Apple updates Pages, Numbers, Keynote for iCloud Drive
- Belkin announces QODE keyboards for iPad Air 2
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Belkin Qode Ultimate Pro Keyboard Case for iPad Air
- Uniq Aircraft Clear for iPhone 6
- STM Harbour for iPhone 6 Plus
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12