Mix: Four Track, O2 heist, Guitar Rock Tour, Star Walk
Sonoma Wire Works has released its new FourTrack application for the iPhone and iPod touch 2G. FourTrack is a multi-track audio recorder, offering users 16 bit, 44.1 kHz recording quality, unlimited track length, recording clip lights, calibrated faders, pan control, Wi-Fi syncing, and more. FourTrack is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
UK iPhone carrier O2 is introducing tighter security measures following the theft of iPhones from a London-based store. According to Mobile Today, one of O2’s Oxford Street stores had all of its active demo iPhone 3G units stolen. “People will come in and steal but not usually to that effect,” said Stephen Spurlock, consumer sales director with O2. “We are putting new security measures in our new stores, which should prevent the problem. We want to have live 3G iPhones available in every store.”
Gameloft, recent recipient of both our Editor’s and Reader’s Choice awards for iPhone/iPod touch Game Developer of the Year, has released its new Guitar Rock Tour game for iPhone. Similar in concept to Guitar Hero, Rock Tour allows users to play guitar or drums by tapping on notes at correct intervals, and features 3D graphics and several popular songs including “Beat It,” “Girlfriend,” “Message in a Bottle,” and more. Guitar Rock Tour is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
Vito Technology has released Star Walk, an interactive celestial map application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Star Walk offers an annotated star map of roughly 9000 stars, planets and constellations, allowing users to identify and learn star groupings, monitor changing moon phases, and more. Star Walk is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple content delivery network for faster downloads now live in US, Europe
- Apps of the Week: NPR One, Crazy Taxi: City Rush, Interactive Alphabet 4.0 + more
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad Air
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks