Mix: Four Track, O2 heist, Guitar Rock Tour, Star Walk
Published: Friday, November 7, 2008
Sonoma Wire Works has released its new FourTrack application for the iPhone and iPod touch 2G. FourTrack is a multi-track audio recorder, offering users 16 bit, 44.1 kHz recording quality, unlimited track length, recording clip lights, calibrated faders, pan control, Wi-Fi syncing, and more. FourTrack is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
UK iPhone carrier O2 is introducing tighter security measures following the theft of iPhones from a London-based store. According to Mobile Today, one of O2’s Oxford Street stores had all of its active demo iPhone 3G units stolen. “People will come in and steal but not usually to that effect,” said Stephen Spurlock, consumer sales director with O2. “We are putting new security measures in our new stores, which should prevent the problem. We want to have live 3G iPhones available in every store.”
Gameloft, recent recipient of both our Editor’s and Reader’s Choice awards for iPhone/iPod touch Game Developer of the Year, has released its new Guitar Rock Tour game for iPhone. Similar in concept to Guitar Hero, Rock Tour allows users to play guitar or drums by tapping on notes at correct intervals, and features 3D graphics and several popular songs including “Beat It,” “Girlfriend,” “Message in a Bottle,” and more. Guitar Rock Tour is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
Vito Technology has released Star Walk, an interactive celestial map application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Star Walk offers an annotated star map of roughly 9000 stars, planets and constellations, allowing users to identify and learn star groupings, monitor changing moon phases, and more. Star Walk is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others settle poaching antitrust suit
- Some iOS 6 users must upgrade to iOS 7 to fix FaceTime
- Apps: Bonsai Slice, Bounsy, IMDb 4.2 + The Weather Channel 6.0
- Cook: New products ‘closer,’ mobile payments ‘really interesting’
- Prong debuts Prong PWR Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Logitech Turnaround for iPad Air
- Logitech Hinge for iPad Air
- Ele eleMount
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac