Mix: Four Track, O2 heist, Guitar Rock Tour, Star Walk
Sonoma Wire Works has released its new FourTrack application for the iPhone and iPod touch 2G. FourTrack is a multi-track audio recorder, offering users 16 bit, 44.1 kHz recording quality, unlimited track length, recording clip lights, calibrated faders, pan control, Wi-Fi syncing, and more. FourTrack is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
UK iPhone carrier O2 is introducing tighter security measures following the theft of iPhones from a London-based store. According to Mobile Today, one of O2’s Oxford Street stores had all of its active demo iPhone 3G units stolen. “People will come in and steal but not usually to that effect,” said Stephen Spurlock, consumer sales director with O2. “We are putting new security measures in our new stores, which should prevent the problem. We want to have live 3G iPhones available in every store.”
Gameloft, recent recipient of both our Editor’s and Reader’s Choice awards for iPhone/iPod touch Game Developer of the Year, has released its new Guitar Rock Tour game for iPhone. Similar in concept to Guitar Hero, Rock Tour allows users to play guitar or drums by tapping on notes at correct intervals, and features 3D graphics and several popular songs including “Beat It,” “Girlfriend,” “Message in a Bottle,” and more. Guitar Rock Tour is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
Vito Technology has released Star Walk, an interactive celestial map application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Star Walk offers an annotated star map of roughly 9000 stars, planets and constellations, allowing users to identify and learn star groupings, monitor changing moon phases, and more. Star Walk is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?