Mix: Four Track, O2 heist, Guitar Rock Tour, Star Walk
Sonoma Wire Works has released its new FourTrack application for the iPhone and iPod touch 2G. FourTrack is a multi-track audio recorder, offering users 16 bit, 44.1 kHz recording quality, unlimited track length, recording clip lights, calibrated faders, pan control, Wi-Fi syncing, and more. FourTrack is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
UK iPhone carrier O2 is introducing tighter security measures following the theft of iPhones from a London-based store. According to Mobile Today, one of O2’s Oxford Street stores had all of its active demo iPhone 3G units stolen. “People will come in and steal but not usually to that effect,” said Stephen Spurlock, consumer sales director with O2. “We are putting new security measures in our new stores, which should prevent the problem. We want to have live 3G iPhones available in every store.”
Gameloft, recent recipient of both our Editor’s and Reader’s Choice awards for iPhone/iPod touch Game Developer of the Year, has released its new Guitar Rock Tour game for iPhone. Similar in concept to Guitar Hero, Rock Tour allows users to play guitar or drums by tapping on notes at correct intervals, and features 3D graphics and several popular songs including “Beat It,” “Girlfriend,” “Message in a Bottle,” and more. Guitar Rock Tour is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
Vito Technology has released Star Walk, an interactive celestial map application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Star Walk offers an annotated star map of roughly 9000 stars, planets and constellations, allowing users to identify and learn star groupings, monitor changing moon phases, and more. Star Walk is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?