Mix: France Telecom, MediaLink, iViewr, Listen, Wired
France Telecom CEO Didier Lombard has said that he is pleased with the rate of iPhone sales in France, according to a new report. “This (the launch of the iPhone in France) has had a positive image impact for us and led to a very positive commercial result,” Lombard told BFM radio on Thursday. “Overall, we have sold more than 70,000 units,” he said. Lombard had previously estimated sales between 50,000 and 100,000 iPhones between the device’s launch and the end of 2007.
Nullriver has introduced its new MediaLink software for the Mac. MediaLink allows users to access songs from their iTunes library over the network from a Playstation 3. In addition to iTunes integration, the utility also offers iPhoto and video streaming capabilities. MediaLink requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later and sells for $20.
iViewr has announced its latest event guide, for next week’s Macworld Conference and Expo in San Francisco. The iPhone and iPod touch-formatted online guide offers visitors information such as conference schedules, speaker profiles, travel directions, and exhibitor listings, as well as information on the Moscone Center facilities, including restroom locations and accessibility information. To view the guide, simply visit iViewr.com and click Events, USA.
Erica Sadun of TUAW has released a new application for the iPhone called Listen which enables users to discover information about a song they are listening to, such as the title, artist, and album, by simply holding their iPhone near the speakers. The application utilizes the iPhone’s built-in microphone to sample the audio being played and return the track information. Listen currently requires a jailbroken iPhone.
A new article from Wired, titled “The Untold Story: How the iPhone Blew Up the Wireless Industry,” provides new insight into the creation of the handset, from the early days of the iPod in 2002 up to now, and takes a look at how Apple’s negotiations with AT&T, and the early success of the device, have begun to change the structure of the $11 billion U.S. mobile phone industry.
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Apple taking reservations for new iPhones in six European countries
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?