Mix: France Telecom, MediaLink, iViewr, Listen, Wired
France Telecom CEO Didier Lombard has said that he is pleased with the rate of iPhone sales in France, according to a new report. “This (the launch of the iPhone in France) has had a positive image impact for us and led to a very positive commercial result,” Lombard told BFM radio on Thursday. “Overall, we have sold more than 70,000 units,” he said. Lombard had previously estimated sales between 50,000 and 100,000 iPhones between the device’s launch and the end of 2007.
Nullriver has introduced its new MediaLink software for the Mac. MediaLink allows users to access songs from their iTunes library over the network from a Playstation 3. In addition to iTunes integration, the utility also offers iPhoto and video streaming capabilities. MediaLink requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later and sells for $20.
iViewr has announced its latest event guide, for next week’s Macworld Conference and Expo in San Francisco. The iPhone and iPod touch-formatted online guide offers visitors information such as conference schedules, speaker profiles, travel directions, and exhibitor listings, as well as information on the Moscone Center facilities, including restroom locations and accessibility information. To view the guide, simply visit iViewr.com and click Events, USA.
Erica Sadun of TUAW has released a new application for the iPhone called Listen which enables users to discover information about a song they are listening to, such as the title, artist, and album, by simply holding their iPhone near the speakers. The application utilizes the iPhone’s built-in microphone to sample the audio being played and return the track information. Listen currently requires a jailbroken iPhone.
A new article from Wired, titled “The Untold Story: How the iPhone Blew Up the Wireless Industry,” provides new insight into the creation of the handset, from the early days of the iPod in 2002 up to now, and takes a look at how Apple’s negotiations with AT&T, and the early success of the device, have begun to change the structure of the $11 billion U.S. mobile phone industry.
- Mix: EU iPhone Preorders, In-Cell Patent, Jobs’ Home Theft
- Mix: iCloud suit, iTunes TOS, Airplane Crash, iPad at Saks
- Mix: Air Guitar, Infinite Loop, Tardis Case, Loop Nano
- Mix: iPad 3, Semiconductors, Foxconn, 2011 ADAs
- Mix: Universal, iCloud icon, Apple retail, The Beatles
- Mix: Explosion, France Telecom, Freescale, Samsung
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- Apple releases testimony before CEO’s Senate appearance
- New Apple offers in India can reduce iPhone price
- Report: Apple testing 1.5” OLED displays for iWatch
- Song skipping terms slowing iRadio negotiations
- iLounge Weekly arriving Monday, giveaway reminder
- Report: BBM iOS app won’t support iPad at launch
- Report: iRadio might miss WWDC debut
- Fair Labor Assoc.: Foxconn, Apple still exceed work hours
- CW to bring content to Apple TV
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- OCDesk OCDock for iPhone 5
- Bluelounge MiniDock (With Lightning Connector)
- Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Pro
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address
- Effect of erasing an iPhone on the Find My iPhone feature