Mix: France Telecom, MediaLink, iViewr, Listen, Wired
France Telecom CEO Didier Lombard has said that he is pleased with the rate of iPhone sales in France, according to a new report. “This (the launch of the iPhone in France) has had a positive image impact for us and led to a very positive commercial result,” Lombard told BFM radio on Thursday. “Overall, we have sold more than 70,000 units,” he said. Lombard had previously estimated sales between 50,000 and 100,000 iPhones between the device’s launch and the end of 2007.
Nullriver has introduced its new MediaLink software for the Mac. MediaLink allows users to access songs from their iTunes library over the network from a Playstation 3. In addition to iTunes integration, the utility also offers iPhoto and video streaming capabilities. MediaLink requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later and sells for $20.
iViewr has announced its latest event guide, for next week’s Macworld Conference and Expo in San Francisco. The iPhone and iPod touch-formatted online guide offers visitors information such as conference schedules, speaker profiles, travel directions, and exhibitor listings, as well as information on the Moscone Center facilities, including restroom locations and accessibility information. To view the guide, simply visit iViewr.com and click Events, USA.
Erica Sadun of TUAW has released a new application for the iPhone called Listen which enables users to discover information about a song they are listening to, such as the title, artist, and album, by simply holding their iPhone near the speakers. The application utilizes the iPhone’s built-in microphone to sample the audio being played and return the track information. Listen currently requires a jailbroken iPhone.
A new article from Wired, titled “The Untold Story: How the iPhone Blew Up the Wireless Industry,” provides new insight into the creation of the handset, from the early days of the iPod in 2002 up to now, and takes a look at how Apple’s negotiations with AT&T, and the early success of the device, have begun to change the structure of the $11 billion U.S. mobile phone industry.
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?