Mix: France Telecom, MediaLink, iViewr, Listen, Wired
France Telecom CEO Didier Lombard has said that he is pleased with the rate of iPhone sales in France, according to a new report. “This (the launch of the iPhone in France) has had a positive image impact for us and led to a very positive commercial result,” Lombard told BFM radio on Thursday. “Overall, we have sold more than 70,000 units,” he said. Lombard had previously estimated sales between 50,000 and 100,000 iPhones between the device’s launch and the end of 2007.
Nullriver has introduced its new MediaLink software for the Mac. MediaLink allows users to access songs from their iTunes library over the network from a Playstation 3. In addition to iTunes integration, the utility also offers iPhoto and video streaming capabilities. MediaLink requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later and sells for $20.
iViewr has announced its latest event guide, for next week’s Macworld Conference and Expo in San Francisco. The iPhone and iPod touch-formatted online guide offers visitors information such as conference schedules, speaker profiles, travel directions, and exhibitor listings, as well as information on the Moscone Center facilities, including restroom locations and accessibility information. To view the guide, simply visit iViewr.com and click Events, USA.
Erica Sadun of TUAW has released a new application for the iPhone called Listen which enables users to discover information about a song they are listening to, such as the title, artist, and album, by simply holding their iPhone near the speakers. The application utilizes the iPhone’s built-in microphone to sample the audio being played and return the track information. Listen currently requires a jailbroken iPhone.
A new article from Wired, titled “The Untold Story: How the iPhone Blew Up the Wireless Industry,” provides new insight into the creation of the handset, from the early days of the iPod in 2002 up to now, and takes a look at how Apple’s negotiations with AT&T, and the early success of the device, have begun to change the structure of the $11 billion U.S. mobile phone industry.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Pay can be used internationally with U.S.-based cards
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2014: 39.3M iPhones, 12.3M iPads, 2.6M iPods, $42.1B revenue
- Apple releases Apple TV Software Update 7.0.1
- Apple releases iOS 8.1
- Apple launches iCloud Photos Beta Web Client
- Apple working to cut music subscription prices
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Store returns, begins taking iPad pre-orders
- Apple updates Pages, Numbers, Keynote for iCloud Drive
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0