Mix: Gameloft, iToner, China Mobile, Pearson
Gameloft has announced that it has sold over six million games on the App Store since its launch last July, making iPhone OS the company’s number one platform. Gameloft claims that of its 35 games currently available, 18 have made the Top 10 Paid Games list worldwide; the company plans to launch between 15 and 30 new titles through the end of 2009.
Ambrosia Software has released iToner 2.0.4, the latest update to its iPhone custom ringtone creation software for the Mac. The new update brings with it streamlined low level iPhone syncing, communication, and support processes, with the goal of enhancing the user experience and overall reliability. iToner 2.0.4 is available now as a free upgrade for registered iToner customers, and costs $15 for new users; a free trial download is also available.
Despite last week’s announcement that the iPhone would launch in China on China Unicom, representatives from China Mobile have confirmed that the company is still in talks with Apple about offering the iPhone itself. Speaking with IDG News Service, a China Mobile spokeswoman said that the talks with Apple have yet to reach a conclusion; Apple has confirmed that its deal with China Unicom is not exclusive, but has not mentioned any other possible carriers for the iPhone in the region.
Publishing company Pearson has announced that it will hold a new Voices That Matter: iPhone Developers Conference in Boston this October. Scheduled to run October 17-18 at Boston’s MCLE Conference Center, the conference will feature speaking and Q&A sessions with iPhone application development authors and experts, and is aimed at current iPhone developers, long-time Mac developers looking to leverage existing skills, designers, and mobile application specialists. Registration for the conference, which includes admission to education and networking sessions, continental breakfast, lunch, Saturday supper and breaks, and access to the speakers’ slides, runs $495 until September 12, at which point the price increases to $695.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Google settles patent litigation with Apple’s Rockstar consortium
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0