Mix: Gameloft, iToner, China Mobile, Pearson
Gameloft has announced that it has sold over six million games on the App Store since its launch last July, making iPhone OS the company’s number one platform. Gameloft claims that of its 35 games currently available, 18 have made the Top 10 Paid Games list worldwide; the company plans to launch between 15 and 30 new titles through the end of 2009.
Ambrosia Software has released iToner 2.0.4, the latest update to its iPhone custom ringtone creation software for the Mac. The new update brings with it streamlined low level iPhone syncing, communication, and support processes, with the goal of enhancing the user experience and overall reliability. iToner 2.0.4 is available now as a free upgrade for registered iToner customers, and costs $15 for new users; a free trial download is also available.
Despite last week’s announcement that the iPhone would launch in China on China Unicom, representatives from China Mobile have confirmed that the company is still in talks with Apple about offering the iPhone itself. Speaking with IDG News Service, a China Mobile spokeswoman said that the talks with Apple have yet to reach a conclusion; Apple has confirmed that its deal with China Unicom is not exclusive, but has not mentioned any other possible carriers for the iPhone in the region.
Publishing company Pearson has announced that it will hold a new Voices That Matter: iPhone Developers Conference in Boston this October. Scheduled to run October 17-18 at Boston’s MCLE Conference Center, the conference will feature speaking and Q&A sessions with iPhone application development authors and experts, and is aimed at current iPhone developers, long-time Mac developers looking to leverage existing skills, designers, and mobile application specialists. Registration for the conference, which includes admission to education and networking sessions, continental breakfast, lunch, Saturday supper and breaks, and access to the speakers’ slides, runs $495 until September 12, at which point the price increases to $695.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?