Mix: Gameloft, iToner, China Mobile, Pearson
Gameloft has announced that it has sold over six million games on the App Store since its launch last July, making iPhone OS the company’s number one platform. Gameloft claims that of its 35 games currently available, 18 have made the Top 10 Paid Games list worldwide; the company plans to launch between 15 and 30 new titles through the end of 2009.
Ambrosia Software has released iToner 2.0.4, the latest update to its iPhone custom ringtone creation software for the Mac. The new update brings with it streamlined low level iPhone syncing, communication, and support processes, with the goal of enhancing the user experience and overall reliability. iToner 2.0.4 is available now as a free upgrade for registered iToner customers, and costs $15 for new users; a free trial download is also available.
Despite last week’s announcement that the iPhone would launch in China on China Unicom, representatives from China Mobile have confirmed that the company is still in talks with Apple about offering the iPhone itself. Speaking with IDG News Service, a China Mobile spokeswoman said that the talks with Apple have yet to reach a conclusion; Apple has confirmed that its deal with China Unicom is not exclusive, but has not mentioned any other possible carriers for the iPhone in the region.
Publishing company Pearson has announced that it will hold a new Voices That Matter: iPhone Developers Conference in Boston this October. Scheduled to run October 17-18 at Boston’s MCLE Conference Center, the conference will feature speaking and Q&A sessions with iPhone application development authors and experts, and is aimed at current iPhone developers, long-time Mac developers looking to leverage existing skills, designers, and mobile application specialists. Registration for the conference, which includes admission to education and networking sessions, continental breakfast, lunch, Saturday supper and breaks, and access to the speakers’ slides, runs $495 until September 12, at which point the price increases to $695.
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?