Mix: Google 2008, South Korea, iTunes movies, Choose Your Adventure
Among the fastest rising terms in the United States during 2008 were “att” and “iphone,” according to Google’s Zeitgeist results for 2008, which examines search terms whose frequency increased compared to 2007. AT&T and iPhone took the third and fourth spots on the list, respectively, behind “obama” and “facebook.”
South Korea will suspend its Wireless Internet Platform for Interoperability, or WIPI, requirement on April 1, opening the door for foreign handsets like the iPhone. The WIPI requirement effectively blocked foreign handset makers from entering the South Korean market, which is currently dominated by local companies Samsung and LG. Korean telecom KTF said in 2007 that it was in negotiations with Apple to sell the iPhone in South Korea, with CEO Cho Young-chu saying the company would “have to wait” on Apple.
Following a report of various previously-available movies disappearing from the iTunes Store, CNet is reporting that the films were removed due to the structuring of the movie studios’ deals with Apple, which treat iTunes as a competitor to TV broadcasters. According to the report, TV outlets are able to dictate to studios if they would like a movie removed from online services such as iTunes during their exclusive showing windows. Apple has confirmed that the titles in question, including Atonement, Michael Clayton, and American Gangster, were pulled due to licensing requirements.
ChooseCo and Magnetism Studios have announced the release of Choose Your Own Adventure - Return to Atlantis for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on the classic Choose Your Own Adventure books, Return to Atlantis allows readers to make choices that affect the outcome of the story by tapping on the screen, with a fully animated interface and smooth scrolling. As a bonus, the app also includes the Journey Under the Sea book. Choose Your Own Adventure - Return to Atlantis is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?