Mix: Google, Dupin, LEGO, Audi, 33 nanos
The release of the iPhone caused a sharp jump in Google Maps activity, according Marissa Mayer, Google’s vice president of search products and user experience. “Maps usage hasn’t stopped rising,” Mayer claimed.
Doug’s AppleScripts for iTunes has released Dupin v1.0, an application that assists with locating, sorting, filtering, and deleting duplicate tracks in iTunes. It requires iTunes 7.0 or later and Mac OS X 10.4 or later, and sells for $15.
Audi is displaying some of its models at Apple Expo in Paris, and according to The German Car Blog, both the Audi A3 and A5 will come equipped not just with iPod adapters, but with the iPods themselves. From their translation: “What you’ll find: the iPod adaptor on the A3 Sportback and the Audi Music Interface on the new Audi A5, both of which are equipped with a new iPod.”
A brief but interesting set of photos posted to flickr shows a group of 33 black iPod nanos (with video), surrounding one silver model.
- Apple TV adds NatGeo TV channel
- Insteon’s HomeKit-enabled Hub now available
- Apple’s subscription TV service won’t be announced at WWDC next week
- WSJ: New Apple music service to debut at WWDC
- Updated Apple document claims Apple Watch won’t measure heart rate while in motion
- Report: Apple pursuing Drake for iTunes Radio guest DJ
- Typo to stop selling iPhone keyboard cases
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- RooCase Esteem for iPhone 6
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?