Mix: Google, NBC, Video directors, Napster
Google has launched a new service that allows users to quickly find song lyrics, musical artists and CD titles. The company is also providing links to purchase music from iTunes, RealNetworks Rhapsody, eMusic and Amazon.com.
In a recent interview, NBC Universal Television Group president Jeff Zucker said that he sees no limit in the number of shows that can be offered via iTunes. “We see it as a brand-new business, and it will be run like any television network, with new material refreshed and replenished all the time,” Zucker said. “I don’t think there’s a limit as to how many shows we can have available.”
A group calling themselves the Music Video Directors Alliance says the music industry is not properly compensating directors over sales of their videos at the iTunes Music Store. It has posted a petition to gather support.
A new survey by marketing research firm Ipsos Insight reveals that “the battle for mass market consumer awareness remains essentially a two-horse race between Apple’s iTunes and Napster 2.0.”
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today