Mix: Google, NBC, Video directors, Napster
Google has launched a new service that allows users to quickly find song lyrics, musical artists and CD titles. The company is also providing links to purchase music from iTunes, RealNetworks Rhapsody, eMusic and Amazon.com.
In a recent interview, NBC Universal Television Group president Jeff Zucker said that he sees no limit in the number of shows that can be offered via iTunes. “We see it as a brand-new business, and it will be run like any television network, with new material refreshed and replenished all the time,” Zucker said. “I don’t think there’s a limit as to how many shows we can have available.”
A group calling themselves the Music Video Directors Alliance says the music industry is not properly compensating directors over sales of their videos at the iTunes Music Store. It has posted a petition to gather support.
A new survey by marketing research firm Ipsos Insight reveals that “the battle for mass market consumer awareness remains essentially a two-horse race between Apple’s iTunes and Napster 2.0.”
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?