Mix: Google, NBC, Video directors, Napster
Google has launched a new service that allows users to quickly find song lyrics, musical artists and CD titles. The company is also providing links to purchase music from iTunes, RealNetworks Rhapsody, eMusic and Amazon.com.
In a recent interview, NBC Universal Television Group president Jeff Zucker said that he sees no limit in the number of shows that can be offered via iTunes. “We see it as a brand-new business, and it will be run like any television network, with new material refreshed and replenished all the time,” Zucker said. “I don’t think there’s a limit as to how many shows we can have available.”
A group calling themselves the Music Video Directors Alliance says the music industry is not properly compensating directors over sales of their videos at the iTunes Music Store. It has posted a petition to gather support.
A new survey by marketing research firm Ipsos Insight reveals that “the battle for mass market consumer awareness remains essentially a two-horse race between Apple’s iTunes and Napster 2.0.”
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?