Mix: Greenpeace + Energy, Google, Chilli X, Rock Band
Both Greenpeace and the U.S. Energy Secretary have come out in support of moves made by Apple and other companies against the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s stance on climate change. In a post to its News section entitled “Bravo Apple,” Greenpeace applauds Apple’s decision to resign from the Chamber, stating, “Apple has done the right thing,” adding, “IBM and Microsoft should think different too.” U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu also hailed the efforts of companies that have taken a stand against the Chamber, saying, I think it’s wonderful.” Chu also said the companies that left the Chamber object “to foot dragging, to denials” and realize that efforts to reduce emissions of greenhouse gasses are “part of our economic future in the United States.”
Earlier this week, Apple resigned from the Chamber of Commerce in a terse statement that read, “We strongly object to the Chamber’s recent comments opposing the EPA’s effort to limit greenhouse gases…Apple supports regulating greenhouse gas emissions, and it is frustrating to find the Chamber at odds with us in this effort. [...]because the Chamber’s position differs so sharply with Apple’s, we have decided to resign our membership effective immediately.”
Google has launched a new collection of tools called Search Options for its mobile search platform. The new feature, accessible from the Options link on Google’s mobile search results page, allows users to filter content by type, between web, forums, and reviews, by time, list results by relevance or by date, and more.
In celebration of its first birthday, iPhone developer Chilli X is offering all of its applications for iPhone and iPod touch for free. Starting tomorrow and continuing through Sunday, all 16 of Chilli X’s apps—including the well-reviewed PhotoFrame and PlaySafe—will be available as free downloads from the App Store. The promotion ends Monday.
EA Mobile has released more details, including screenshots, on its upcoming Rock Band game for the iPhone and iPod touch. the title will ship with 20 songs, including tracks from the Beastie Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Pixies, and others, and will offer Facebook integration, Quickplay and Tour Mode, three difficulty levels, rewards and achievements, and an in-game music store for purchasing additional tracks. Rock Band is expected to hit the App Store later this month; pricing has yet to be announced.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards