Mix: Halo effect, video iPod, partners, Tweeter, Lagerfeld
Tim Hanrahan and Jason Fry of the Wall Street Journal said a significant number of people wrote in to let them know that the iPod, Windows security concerns or a combination of the two had made them switch to a Mac or plan to do so.
Forbes tech writer Arik Hesseldahl said that a video iPod tops his 2005 wish list. “The experience shouldn’t be about watching video on a tiny handheld screen. What I do want is to output video from the iPod to a TV. An 80-gigabyte hard drive would make it practical.”
The iPod’s success isn’t just music to the ears of Apple—companies such as PortalPlayer, Audible.com, and Synaptics are also reaping the benefits.
Tweeter is offering 15 percent off iPod accessories through January 2, 2005. You must use coupon code TWTRGIFT during checkout to receive the discount.
Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld has increased his iPod collection—to 70. “I have some white ones but lots of metallic pinks, blues. I have had every single CD I have downloaded. I enjoy gadgets.”
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?