Mix: Handbrake, Weather Channel, iSkin, PodWare
Open-source DVD to MPEG-4 converter Handbrake has been updated to version 0.9.1. The new version includes performance enhancements, interface improvements, and various bug fixes. It is available now as a free download for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
The Weather Channel has launched a new web application optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new application delivers current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts, and maps. It can be accessed by visiting www.weather.com/iphone from an iPhone or iPod touch.
iSkin has announced that its Cerulean X1 earphones now include an iPhone-compatible earphone adapter. The Cerulean X1 earphones sell for $99; iSkin will sell the Earphone Adapter separately for $13.
PodWare is now offering men’s and women’s t-shirts featuring integrated pockets for the iPod nano and first-generation iPod shuffle. The shirts, which sell for $26, also feature holes for routing headphones through the shirt.
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?