Mix: Handbrake, Weather Channel, iSkin, PodWare
Open-source DVD to MPEG-4 converter Handbrake has been updated to version 0.9.1. The new version includes performance enhancements, interface improvements, and various bug fixes. It is available now as a free download for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
The Weather Channel has launched a new web application optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new application delivers current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts, and maps. It can be accessed by visiting www.weather.com/iphone from an iPhone or iPod touch.
iSkin has announced that its Cerulean X1 earphones now include an iPhone-compatible earphone adapter. The Cerulean X1 earphones sell for $99; iSkin will sell the Earphone Adapter separately for $13.
PodWare is now offering men’s and women’s t-shirts featuring integrated pockets for the iPod nano and first-generation iPod shuffle. The shirts, which sell for $26, also feature holes for routing headphones through the shirt.
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?