Mix: Harrison, Rocks, Jailbreak, Ringtones, Luna
Published: Tuesday, October 9, 2007
The solo catalogue of Beatles member George Harrison has been added to iTunes. Offerings include Harrison’s critically-praised All Things Must Pass, as well as Bonus Track Versions of the self-titled George Harrison, Living in the Material World, and Somewhere in England.
A fourteen-year-old Texas girl ended up receiving not one, but two iPod boxes filled with rocks in place of the music player. Both boxes were purchased from Fort Worth, TX-area Target stores; the company has said that an investigation team is “actively looking into this matter and will partner with local law enforcement as necessary.”
Although not ready for widespread use, the iPhone developer community has managed to use an exploit in MobileSafari to launch recompiled third-party applications on v1.1.1 iPhones, and has also gained root access on iPod touch units.
Apple has acknowledged a bug that will only allow the first eight ringtones to automatically sync to the iPhone, assuming the user has more than eight. As a workaround, Apple is telling users to deselect “Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected” in the iPhone’s Summary Tab, and use the “Selected Ringtones” option in the Ringtones tab instead.
iLounge reader Paul Christensen has reported that the XtremeMac Luna clock radio is unable to wake his 160GB iPod classic from deep sleep to play an alarm. It is unknown whether this is a widespread bug or if it affects other members of the new iPod family, such as the iPod nano (with video) and iPod touch.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- iPhone 6 metal mockups spotted at electronics show
- Alpine Electronics announces aftermarket CarPlay products
- Apps: A&E/History 2.0, Ally 3.0, Amazon Cloud Drive Photos 3.0 + Pandora 5.3
- Pioneer officially announces aftermarket CarPlay access
- iWatch: LG to supply flexible displays, September release?
- Alleged iPhone 6 front panel, batteries leaked
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Tavik Hemings for iPad Air
- Spigen SGP GLAS.tR SLIM Privacy for iPhone 5/5c/5s
- Incipio [Performance] Armband for iPhone 5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Brookstone Perfect Drink App-Controlled Smart Bartending
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac