Mix: HBO, iScorch, Profit Pod, Hollywood
HBO has released its original documentary film “Too Hot Not To Handle” as a video podcast on the iTunes Music Store. The film offers a guide to the effects of global warming in the United States, and is available in four downloadable parts.
iScorch is a short downloadable video/photo of a flame that can be shown on your iPod at concerts. “The next concert you go to, you’ll be paying homage to the band not with a lighter but with iScorch and iPod. Download iScorch for iPod Video, Nano or Photo and hold your iPods high! Be the first to usher in a new era of musical appreciation.”
Mach 5 Products, a “small, family operated business that makes games for arcade machines,” has been hit with a threatening letter from Apple after recently submitting a trademark application for a “Profit Pod” device. ZDNet’s David Berlind writes: “If you ask me, it looks nothing like an iPod. It doesn’t play music. It has nothing to do with digital entertainment. Ordinary consumers will never even see one. It gets built into arcade games and if you look closely at the bottom of the image, it has about six wires hanging out of the bottom of it. I don’t see in any way how the “products are likewise related.” Mr. Jobs, this is simply over the top.”
A Los Angeles Times article concludes that Hollywood’s traditional movie release model is being turned upside down by teen lifestyles and gadgets. “With an array of devices competing to fill their leisure time, today’s teens and young adults show diminishing interest in adhering to Hollywood tradition. They’re willing to watch brand-new movies at home rather than in theaters, are starting to use their PCs as their entertainment gateway and are slowly turning to their iPods and cellphones for video programming.”
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?