Mix: Hello World, T-Mobile, Sony, ‘iPhone’
The latest progress report from the iPhone Dev Wiki claims that a member named “Nightwatch” has compiled and launched the first independent “Hello World” application on the iPhone. This was made possible by using the “ARM/Mach-O Toolchain,” which is currently being refined and will reportedly be released soon.
An image of the iPhone, as well as an image claiming “Das neue Kult-Handy,” which roughly translates to “The new cult-cellphone,” has been found on T-Mobile Germany’s website. As of this writing, the image of the iPhone had been removed, but the German phrase remains online.
Sony CEO Howard Stringer, speaking in a panel at an Allen & Co. event, reportedly called Apple CEO Steve Jobs “greedy.” Stating that he finds it funny that Jobs accuses record companies of being greedy, Stringer claimed that Jobs is himself greedy because he wants a world in which only he makes money.
A picture of a prototype Apple telephone, jokingly referred to as “the very first iPhone,” has been posted on a German site. The photo apparently came from Marc Esslinger, son of Hartmut Esslinger, designer of the Apple IIc.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Google settles patent litigation with Apple’s Rockstar consortium
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass 4
- Report: GT Advanced struggled with sapphire production
- Report: Apple plans to integrate Beats Music directly into iOS
- Apple plans to ‘repurpose’ Arizona manufacturing plant, save jobs
- Apple announces WatchKit software tools available to developers now
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M in pager technology settlement
- Apple opens up Lightning port to third-party manufacturers, begins accepting HomeKit plans
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Logitech Keys-to-Go For iPad
- IvySkin Renegade for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Infinity Infinity One Wireless Speaker
- Twelve South PlugBug World iPad/iPhone Charger
- Pelican Protector for iPhone 6 and Voyager for iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Flip for iPhone 6
- Griffin Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0