Mix: Hello World, T-Mobile, Sony, ‘iPhone’
The latest progress report from the iPhone Dev Wiki claims that a member named “Nightwatch” has compiled and launched the first independent “Hello World” application on the iPhone. This was made possible by using the “ARM/Mach-O Toolchain,” which is currently being refined and will reportedly be released soon.
An image of the iPhone, as well as an image claiming “Das neue Kult-Handy,” which roughly translates to “The new cult-cellphone,” has been found on T-Mobile Germany’s website. As of this writing, the image of the iPhone had been removed, but the German phrase remains online.
Sony CEO Howard Stringer, speaking in a panel at an Allen & Co. event, reportedly called Apple CEO Steve Jobs “greedy.” Stating that he finds it funny that Jobs accuses record companies of being greedy, Stringer claimed that Jobs is himself greedy because he wants a world in which only he makes money.
A picture of a prototype Apple telephone, jokingly referred to as “the very first iPhone,” has been posted on a German site. The photo apparently came from Marc Esslinger, son of Hartmut Esslinger, designer of the Apple IIc.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0