Mix: Hello World, T-Mobile, Sony, ‘iPhone’
The latest progress report from the iPhone Dev Wiki claims that a member named “Nightwatch” has compiled and launched the first independent “Hello World” application on the iPhone. This was made possible by using the “ARM/Mach-O Toolchain,” which is currently being refined and will reportedly be released soon.
An image of the iPhone, as well as an image claiming “Das neue Kult-Handy,” which roughly translates to “The new cult-cellphone,” has been found on T-Mobile Germany’s website. As of this writing, the image of the iPhone had been removed, but the German phrase remains online.
Sony CEO Howard Stringer, speaking in a panel at an Allen & Co. event, reportedly called Apple CEO Steve Jobs “greedy.” Stating that he finds it funny that Jobs accuses record companies of being greedy, Stringer claimed that Jobs is himself greedy because he wants a world in which only he makes money.
A picture of a prototype Apple telephone, jokingly referred to as “the very first iPhone,” has been posted on a German site. The photo apparently came from Marc Esslinger, son of Hartmut Esslinger, designer of the Apple IIc.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?