Mix: Hitwise, Elgato, Walmart, ColcaSac
According to Hitwise, the iPhone was the most searched-for product in the U.K. during the week ending November 5th. The Apple handset accounted for 1.75 percent of product searches and more than 14 percent of all mobile phone searches during the period, and was followed closely by the iPod touch, which accounted for 1.29 percent of product searches. The Microsoft Xbox 360 was third followed by the Nintendo Wii in fourth and Sony Playstation 3 in fifth; the iPod nano was ninth on the list with 0.50 percent of product searches. [via Macworld UK]
Elgato has launched an update to its EyeTV software that allows users to stream live TV and EyeTV recordings to their iPhones over a 3G connection. Dubbed Live3G, the web app connects users iPhone’s to their home Mac computers, and employs HTTP Live Streaming technology to deliver the highest possible playback quality while taking advantage of the iPhone’s hardware acceleration to maximize performance and battery life. The EyeTV Live 3G requires EyeTV hardware, EyeTV 3.3 software—a free update for all EyeTV 3 users—an iPhone running iPhone OS 3.1 or later, and a Mac with at least an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, and is available now at live3g.eyetv.com.
Walmart is preparing to launch a substantial discount on 8GB fifth-generation iPod nano units. Beginning Saturday December 19 and running through December 24, all 8GB iPod nano models, priced at $145, will include a free $50 iTunes Gift Card with purchase. The retailer offered a similar deal on Black Friday when it included a $50 iTunes Gift Card with the purchase of an 8GB iPod touch.
ColcaSac has introduced its new sleeves for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPod classic. These padded sleeves feature textured fabric on the exterior and a fleece-lined interior, and may offer access to the headphone port and/or Dock Connector depending on model and orientation inside the sleeve. ColcaSac’s sleeves for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPod classic are available in an original style, made from all-nature environmentally friendly fabrics, or in black, and sell for $10.
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?