Mix: Hitwise, Elgato, Walmart, ColcaSac
According to Hitwise, the iPhone was the most searched-for product in the U.K. during the week ending November 5th. The Apple handset accounted for 1.75 percent of product searches and more than 14 percent of all mobile phone searches during the period, and was followed closely by the iPod touch, which accounted for 1.29 percent of product searches. The Microsoft Xbox 360 was third followed by the Nintendo Wii in fourth and Sony Playstation 3 in fifth; the iPod nano was ninth on the list with 0.50 percent of product searches. [via Macworld UK]
Elgato has launched an update to its EyeTV software that allows users to stream live TV and EyeTV recordings to their iPhones over a 3G connection. Dubbed Live3G, the web app connects users iPhone’s to their home Mac computers, and employs HTTP Live Streaming technology to deliver the highest possible playback quality while taking advantage of the iPhone’s hardware acceleration to maximize performance and battery life. The EyeTV Live 3G requires EyeTV hardware, EyeTV 3.3 software—a free update for all EyeTV 3 users—an iPhone running iPhone OS 3.1 or later, and a Mac with at least an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, and is available now at live3g.eyetv.com.
Walmart is preparing to launch a substantial discount on 8GB fifth-generation iPod nano units. Beginning Saturday December 19 and running through December 24, all 8GB iPod nano models, priced at $145, will include a free $50 iTunes Gift Card with purchase. The retailer offered a similar deal on Black Friday when it included a $50 iTunes Gift Card with the purchase of an 8GB iPod touch.
ColcaSac has introduced its new sleeves for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPod classic. These padded sleeves feature textured fabric on the exterior and a fleece-lined interior, and may offer access to the headphone port and/or Dock Connector depending on model and orientation inside the sleeve. ColcaSac’s sleeves for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPod classic are available in an original style, made from all-nature environmentally friendly fabrics, or in black, and sell for $10.
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?