Mix: Hitwise, Elgato, Walmart, ColcaSac
According to Hitwise, the iPhone was the most searched-for product in the U.K. during the week ending November 5th. The Apple handset accounted for 1.75 percent of product searches and more than 14 percent of all mobile phone searches during the period, and was followed closely by the iPod touch, which accounted for 1.29 percent of product searches. The Microsoft Xbox 360 was third followed by the Nintendo Wii in fourth and Sony Playstation 3 in fifth; the iPod nano was ninth on the list with 0.50 percent of product searches. [via Macworld UK]
Elgato has launched an update to its EyeTV software that allows users to stream live TV and EyeTV recordings to their iPhones over a 3G connection. Dubbed Live3G, the web app connects users iPhone’s to their home Mac computers, and employs HTTP Live Streaming technology to deliver the highest possible playback quality while taking advantage of the iPhone’s hardware acceleration to maximize performance and battery life. The EyeTV Live 3G requires EyeTV hardware, EyeTV 3.3 software—a free update for all EyeTV 3 users—an iPhone running iPhone OS 3.1 or later, and a Mac with at least an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, and is available now at live3g.eyetv.com.
Walmart is preparing to launch a substantial discount on 8GB fifth-generation iPod nano units. Beginning Saturday December 19 and running through December 24, all 8GB iPod nano models, priced at $145, will include a free $50 iTunes Gift Card with purchase. The retailer offered a similar deal on Black Friday when it included a $50 iTunes Gift Card with the purchase of an 8GB iPod touch.
ColcaSac has introduced its new sleeves for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPod classic. These padded sleeves feature textured fabric on the exterior and a fleece-lined interior, and may offer access to the headphone port and/or Dock Connector depending on model and orientation inside the sleeve. ColcaSac’s sleeves for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPod classic are available in an original style, made from all-nature environmentally friendly fabrics, or in black, and sell for $10.
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- AppleCare+ now covers battery replacement at 80% of original capacity
- Elton John, Pharrell, Dr. Dre, Drake, St. Vincent, others to host Beats 1 shows
- Apps containing Confederate flag pulled from App Store
- Taylor Swift’s ‘1989’ album to stream on Apple Music
- Apple publishes detailed list of Siri HomeKit commands
- Apple to pay 0.2 cents per song during Apple Music free trial
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Monitors
- SwitchEasy Canvas + Rave for iPad Air 2
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?