Mix: Hitwise, Elgato, Walmart, ColcaSac
According to Hitwise, the iPhone was the most searched-for product in the U.K. during the week ending November 5th. The Apple handset accounted for 1.75 percent of product searches and more than 14 percent of all mobile phone searches during the period, and was followed closely by the iPod touch, which accounted for 1.29 percent of product searches. The Microsoft Xbox 360 was third followed by the Nintendo Wii in fourth and Sony Playstation 3 in fifth; the iPod nano was ninth on the list with 0.50 percent of product searches. [via Macworld UK]
Elgato has launched an update to its EyeTV software that allows users to stream live TV and EyeTV recordings to their iPhones over a 3G connection. Dubbed Live3G, the web app connects users iPhone’s to their home Mac computers, and employs HTTP Live Streaming technology to deliver the highest possible playback quality while taking advantage of the iPhone’s hardware acceleration to maximize performance and battery life. The EyeTV Live 3G requires EyeTV hardware, EyeTV 3.3 software—a free update for all EyeTV 3 users—an iPhone running iPhone OS 3.1 or later, and a Mac with at least an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, and is available now at live3g.eyetv.com.
Walmart is preparing to launch a substantial discount on 8GB fifth-generation iPod nano units. Beginning Saturday December 19 and running through December 24, all 8GB iPod nano models, priced at $145, will include a free $50 iTunes Gift Card with purchase. The retailer offered a similar deal on Black Friday when it included a $50 iTunes Gift Card with the purchase of an 8GB iPod touch.
ColcaSac has introduced its new sleeves for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPod classic. These padded sleeves feature textured fabric on the exterior and a fleece-lined interior, and may offer access to the headphone port and/or Dock Connector depending on model and orientation inside the sleeve. ColcaSac’s sleeves for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPod classic are available in an original style, made from all-nature environmentally friendly fabrics, or in black, and sell for $10.
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?