Mix: HP + iPhone, Simpsons, Mint.com, Earphone discount
Hewlett Packard has launched its new HP iPrint Photo application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new application allows users to print 4x6 photos directly from the device to most HP inkjet printers connected to the same local Wi-Fi network. Using Bonjour technology, the app automatically finds available printers, and uses a multi-touch interface to provide an easy, fast printing experience. The HP iPrint Photo application is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Long-running animation comedy The Simpsons has finally arrived on the iTunes Store in the U.S. Currently only episodes from the 20th season of the show are available, including the recent episode “Mypods & Boomsticks” which provides a somewhat scathing parody of Apple, the iPod, iPhone, and CEO Steve Jobs. The first eight episodes are available individually for $2 each, while the season pass is $38. It is unclear whether Fox plans to release prior seasons of the show via iTunes.
Online personal finance service Mint.com has released its new Mint.com application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Requiring users to signup and setup free accounts on Mint.com, the application offers access to up-to-the-minute account balances for all their bank, credit card and investment accounts, all recent transactions across all of those accounts, automatically categorized, status on spending versus personalized budgets and cash flow, investment performance, and alerts on bills due, unusually large expenses and deposits. The Mint.com application is available now as a free download from the App Store.
SoundEarphones.com is offering a special discount to iLounge users. The online retailer of premium earphones is offering 20% off all orders over $150. To claim the discount, simply enter the code “lounge” during the checkout process.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0