Mix: HP + iPhone, Simpsons, Mint.com, Earphone discount
Hewlett Packard has launched its new HP iPrint Photo application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new application allows users to print 4x6 photos directly from the device to most HP inkjet printers connected to the same local Wi-Fi network. Using Bonjour technology, the app automatically finds available printers, and uses a multi-touch interface to provide an easy, fast printing experience. The HP iPrint Photo application is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Long-running animation comedy The Simpsons has finally arrived on the iTunes Store in the U.S. Currently only episodes from the 20th season of the show are available, including the recent episode “Mypods & Boomsticks” which provides a somewhat scathing parody of Apple, the iPod, iPhone, and CEO Steve Jobs. The first eight episodes are available individually for $2 each, while the season pass is $38. It is unclear whether Fox plans to release prior seasons of the show via iTunes.
Online personal finance service Mint.com has released its new Mint.com application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Requiring users to signup and setup free accounts on Mint.com, the application offers access to up-to-the-minute account balances for all their bank, credit card and investment accounts, all recent transactions across all of those accounts, automatically categorized, status on spending versus personalized budgets and cash flow, investment performance, and alerts on bills due, unusually large expenses and deposits. The Mint.com application is available now as a free download from the App Store.
SoundEarphones.com is offering a special discount to iLounge users. The online retailer of premium earphones is offering 20% off all orders over $150. To claim the discount, simply enter the code “lounge” during the checkout process.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- AT&T locks Apple SIM cards upon activation in iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iTunes music sales down at least 13 percent worldwide
- iPad Air 2 includes NFC chip, but likely won’t be used (Updated)
- Apps of the Week: Inbox by Gmail, Pixelmator, NHL 2K + more
- iPad mini 3 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iPad Air 2 Control Center features separate mute and rotation buttons
- GT Advanced announces settlement with Apple
- iPad Air 2 ships with 10W power adapter
- Olloclip debuts 4-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
- iFixit posts iPad Air 2 teardown
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0