Mix: iCheating, Toilet issues, Breakout quarter, Apple fine
Schools in Alberta, Canada have banned students from listening to iPods during exams. “You can record stuff onto your iPod,” said Ben Heshka, a 12th grade student. “Like just read out your notes and just record it as a song and just listen to it. That’s been known to happen.”
A pink iPod mini that was dropped down a toilet by a Santa Clara University student has finally been removed from the university’s drain system after months of efforts. One maintenance worker called the device “indestructible” after trying to clear it from the pipes.
Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster said yesterday that Apple could have a “breakout” fourth quarter. “We believe September has the potential to be a breakout quarter for Apple due to the convergence of the following factors: back-to-school selling season, full availability of MacBook and MacBook Pro, Boot Camp impact on overall Mac demand, PC-to-Mac switcher ad campaign, and the halo effect,” Munster wrote in a research note.
Apple has been fined $100,000 by the state of Washington for not registering with the state as a service contract provider from 2000 to 2004. “A 1999 Washington law required all companies selling service contracts to register with the Office of the Insurance Commissioner,” reports the Puget Sound Business Journal.
- Apple shelving iPhone Smart Connector idea?
- Apple Music Connect to take backseat in iOS 10?
- Apple, others seeking large expanse of land for autonomous car facility
- Apple Music launches $5-per-month student discount plan
- Apple partners with SAP for mobile enterprise solutions
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- LAPD hacked into iPhone 5s for murder investigation
- More details emerge on Apple Music overhaul
- iPhone tops Time’s list of most influential gadgets
- Kohl’s integrates rewards system with Apple Pay
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit support
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4
- Brydge BrydgeMini II Keyboard for iPad mini 4
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)