Mix: iCloud suit, iTunes TOS, Airplane Crash, iPad at Saks
iCloud Communications, which filed a lawsuit against Apple only days after the company announced its iCloud service, has dropped the suit and changed its name. According to Cnet, the company appears to have also changed its name to Clear Digital Communications; although a representative for the company apparently answered the phone “iCloud Communications” when called, before admitting that he didn’t know what the company was now called.
A graduate student has reworked iTunes’ Software License Agreement for his master’s thesis. The Daily reports that Gregg Bernstein, a student at the Savannah College of Art and Design, teamed with University of Georgia law professor Robert Bartlett to parse the 4,137-word document to a more digestible 381 words, and then broke it into sections, and adopted a set display type for headlines and section starts. The result is imminently more readable and understandable; Berstein said he has contacted Apple’s legal department about doing usability research, but has yet to hear back. [via TUAW]
In an unusual turn of events, Apple’s Find My iPhone service has been used to located the wreckage of a plane crash. Citing a reader email, 9to5Mac reports that the family of one of the victims of the accident, which occurred in Chile near the island of Robinson Crusoe, were able to login and isolate the coordinates of the last known whereabouts of the plane, which were then passed on to the Navy who are using it to coordinate rescue efforts.
In celebration of 2011’s Fashion’s Night Out, Gin Lane Media, in cooperation with Stylelist.com and Saks Fifth Avenue, has created an interactive storefront display at Saks’ flagship location using a total of 64 iPad 2s. The iPads display Stylelist-branded imagery, live-streaming content from the redesigned website, Twitter updates, and user-submitted photos. The display will run through September 19 and is flanked on either side by two windows of nine 27-inch Apple Cinema Displays. To view pictures of the display, continue reading.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks