Mix: iCloud suit, iTunes TOS, Airplane Crash, iPad at Saks
iCloud Communications, which filed a lawsuit against Apple only days after the company announced its iCloud service, has dropped the suit and changed its name. According to Cnet, the company appears to have also changed its name to Clear Digital Communications; although a representative for the company apparently answered the phone “iCloud Communications” when called, before admitting that he didn’t know what the company was now called.
A graduate student has reworked iTunes’ Software License Agreement for his master’s thesis. The Daily reports that Gregg Bernstein, a student at the Savannah College of Art and Design, teamed with University of Georgia law professor Robert Bartlett to parse the 4,137-word document to a more digestible 381 words, and then broke it into sections, and adopted a set display type for headlines and section starts. The result is imminently more readable and understandable; Berstein said he has contacted Apple’s legal department about doing usability research, but has yet to hear back. [via TUAW]
In an unusual turn of events, Apple’s Find My iPhone service has been used to located the wreckage of a plane crash. Citing a reader email, 9to5Mac reports that the family of one of the victims of the accident, which occurred in Chile near the island of Robinson Crusoe, were able to login and isolate the coordinates of the last known whereabouts of the plane, which were then passed on to the Navy who are using it to coordinate rescue efforts.
In celebration of 2011’s Fashion’s Night Out, Gin Lane Media, in cooperation with Stylelist.com and Saks Fifth Avenue, has created an interactive storefront display at Saks’ flagship location using a total of 64 iPad 2s. The iPads display Stylelist-branded imagery, live-streaming content from the redesigned website, Twitter updates, and user-submitted photos. The display will run through September 19 and is flanked on either side by two windows of nine 27-inch Apple Cinema Displays. To view pictures of the display, continue reading.
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Report: Apple behind San Francisco ‘mystery event’ in early September
- Taiwan court rules Samsung used stolen trade secrets to make A9 chip
- Apple loses German patent lawsuit over slide-to-unlock feature
- Best Buy expanding Apple Watch sales to all its stores in September
- Philips introduces dimmer remote kit for Hue lights
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- Wirelessky iStand 6 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?