Mix: iClooly, Radiohead, iTunes Festival, Phoenix
RockridgeSound has introduced its iClooly stand for the iPod touch. While the stand is depicted as featuring a design inspired by Apple’s current line of iMac computers, with an aluminum base, matte black back, and a rotating holster for the touch, the stand does not appear to provide complete access to the iPod’s headphone port, making its practicality a question mark. The RockridgeSound iClooly stand for iPod touch will sell for ¥4,980 (about $47) when it goes on sale June 7. [via Engadget]
English rock band Radiohead, one of the biggest remaining holdouts from the iTunes Store, has had its complete back catalog of albums, songs, and music videos added to the store. The entire catalog, save for the band’s debut album “Pablo Honey,” is available in the DRM-free iTunes Plus format.
Apple has announced its iTunes Live: London Festival ‘08, a month-long music event to be held at London’s KOKO in July. As with last year’s iTunes Festival: London, each of the performances will be recorded and made available for sale on iTunes. Notable performers scheduled for this year’s festival include Death Cab for Cutie, CSS, James Blunt, and N*E*R*D. [via Macworld UK]
The University of Arizona has added video and animation relating to the Phoenix Mars Mission to iTunes U. The programs range from around a minute to nearly fifty minutes length, and include media related to the landing and launch of Phoenix, as well as talks from various speakers.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- iTunes 12 makes its first appearance with iOS-style design
- Apple releases fourth beta of iOS 8
- Forensic scientist notes iOS ‘back doors’
- Eighth annual iTunes Festival announced
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads