Mix: iClooly, Radiohead, iTunes Festival, Phoenix
RockridgeSound has introduced its iClooly stand for the iPod touch. While the stand is depicted as featuring a design inspired by Apple’s current line of iMac computers, with an aluminum base, matte black back, and a rotating holster for the touch, the stand does not appear to provide complete access to the iPod’s headphone port, making its practicality a question mark. The RockridgeSound iClooly stand for iPod touch will sell for ¥4,980 (about $47) when it goes on sale June 7. [via Engadget]
English rock band Radiohead, one of the biggest remaining holdouts from the iTunes Store, has had its complete back catalog of albums, songs, and music videos added to the store. The entire catalog, save for the band’s debut album “Pablo Honey,” is available in the DRM-free iTunes Plus format.
Apple has announced its iTunes Live: London Festival ‘08, a month-long music event to be held at London’s KOKO in July. As with last year’s iTunes Festival: London, each of the performances will be recorded and made available for sale on iTunes. Notable performers scheduled for this year’s festival include Death Cab for Cutie, CSS, James Blunt, and N*E*R*D. [via Macworld UK]
The University of Arizona has added video and animation relating to the Phoenix Mars Mission to iTunes U. The programs range from around a minute to nearly fifty minutes length, and include media related to the landing and launch of Phoenix, as well as talks from various speakers.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014