Mix: iFixit, iPhone baby, Laptop, touch
iFixit has posted a teardown of the iPod touch. Of note in the teardown article is the iPod touch’s battery, the volume of which is 81 percent that of the iPhone, and the fact that the display can be separated from the glass, allowing for more simple repairs.
iPopmybaby (formerly iPodmybaby) has introduced its new iPhone/iPod touch-styled one piece baby outfit. The design, printed on the front, features iPhone-like icons representing various baby activities such as “Nap,” “Eat,” and “Crawl.” The iPhone Baby one piece outfit sells for $18.
Laptop Magazine has posted a panel discussion with executives from Helio, Motorola, Nokia, and Samsung concerning the iPhone. Topics covered include the group’s iPhone likes and dislikes, as well as questions regarding the viability of touch screen technology, and the need for convergence.
A post from Apple discussion forums member “drvelocity” claims that the black level issues with some iPod touch displays are caused by a problem with the anti-reflective coating, which suggests the problem is indeed a manufacturing defect, as opposed to a software-based problem. [via Infinite Loop]
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?