Mix: iFixit, iPhone baby, Laptop, touch
iFixit has posted a teardown of the iPod touch. Of note in the teardown article is the iPod touch’s battery, the volume of which is 81 percent that of the iPhone, and the fact that the display can be separated from the glass, allowing for more simple repairs.
iPopmybaby (formerly iPodmybaby) has introduced its new iPhone/iPod touch-styled one piece baby outfit. The design, printed on the front, features iPhone-like icons representing various baby activities such as “Nap,” “Eat,” and “Crawl.” The iPhone Baby one piece outfit sells for $18.
Laptop Magazine has posted a panel discussion with executives from Helio, Motorola, Nokia, and Samsung concerning the iPhone. Topics covered include the group’s iPhone likes and dislikes, as well as questions regarding the viability of touch screen technology, and the need for convergence.
A post from Apple discussion forums member “drvelocity” claims that the black level issues with some iPod touch displays are caused by a problem with the anti-reflective coating, which suggests the problem is indeed a manufacturing defect, as opposed to a software-based problem. [via Infinite Loop]
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?