Mix: Imagination, Rolando, iFrogz sale, 12 Days
Published: Thursday, December 18, 2008
Imagination Technologies Group has announced that Apple is purchasing 8.2 million new shares of the company, giving the iPod maker a 3.6% ownership interest. Imagination is known for its OpenGL ES-compliant PowerVR mobile GPU chips, and revealed alongside the stock announcement that Apple is a licensee of Imagination’s technology, suggesting that the company may be planning to use the PowerVR technology in future iPods and iPhones. This might also help to explain Apple’s acquisition of chipmaker P.A. Semi, which CEO Steve Jobs has said will build chips for future iPod and iPhone models.
Ngmoco has released its anticipated game Rolando for the iPhone and iPod touch. As a puzzle/platform game, Rolando puts players in control of circular characters called Rolandos, which they must guide through puzzles and past enemies in order to return their land to normal. The game features 36 levels across four unique worlds, both tilt and multi-touch controls, graphics by pop illustrator Mikko Walamies and original music by Mr. Scruff, as well as a feature that saves and restores game progress automatically when play is stopped or interrupted. Rolando is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
iFrogz is holding a one-day sale today through 10:00 p.m. MST. The company is offering a 50% discount on every product available from ifrogz.com, including cases for the iPhone 3G and Fall 2008 iPods, as well as the company’s complete line of headphones. The discount is taken automatically; no code or coupon is needed.
Apple has revealed that it will offer a free download every day to iTunes users in the U.K. and France from December 26 to January 6 as part of its 12 Days of Christmas promotion. According to the promotion’s U.K. site, the giveaway will include “rare singles, exclusive live tracks and free music videos” as well as “classic TV episodes.” While an official site for the French promotion has yet to appear, Pocket-lint reports that advertisements for the promotion have begun appearing on the French retail website Darty.com. Update: Christian Hieber of iFun.de has informed us that Apple is also running the promotion in Germany.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iPhone 6 metal mockups spotted at electronics show
- Alpine Electronics announces aftermarket CarPlay products
- Apps: A&E/History 2.0, Ally 3.0, Amazon Cloud Drive Photos 3.0 + Pandora 5.3
- Pioneer officially announces aftermarket CarPlay access
- iWatch: LG to supply flexible displays, September release?
- Alleged iPhone 6 front panel, batteries leaked
- Windows Phone 8.1 supports Passbook passes
- Alpine to release aftermarket CarPlay system
- iLounge Game Spotlight: R.B.I. Baseball 14
- Report: Apple bans UK music service from iAd
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Tavik Hemings for iPad Air
- Spigen SGP GLAS.tR SLIM Privacy for iPhone 5/5c/5s
- Incipio [Performance] Armband for iPhone 5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Brookstone Perfect Drink App-Controlled Smart Bartending
- Philips AJ7260D/37 Dual Dock Triple Charging Clock Radio
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac